All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
New here with a question
      #304086 - 04/05/07 10:55 AM
Lisa68

Reged: 04/05/07

I was recently diagnosed with IBS, I have had blood tests, colonoscopy,sonogram and CTscan (of my abdomen and pelvis). All tests are normal. I purchased the tummy tamers for my gas and stomach pain.

My question is what is best for nausea? I have always been a person that was easily nauseated. I have a very sensitive stomach, I have Fibromyalgia and an Anxiety Disorder. I just started taking the Tummy Tamers and I'm also taking Pearl pills *Probiotics*.

I don't throw up, just feel horrible most of the day. What is the best thing to stop this mild to moderate nausea?

Thanks for any information you may have. Im so glad I found this board.

Lisa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ginger! new
      #304096 - 04/05/07 12:21 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I found that ginger did the trick for my nausea. I prefer sucking on ginger hard candies, myself - ginger altoids are good, Gin Gins (available at health food stores) are even better. Ginger tea is also a good option. If you like the taste, nibbling a piece of candied ginger is pretty much the best.

On the other hand, I believe a health food store will carry ginger capsules that might help if you don't care for the taste of ginger. Just make sure they're not enteric-coated.

Hope that helps!

Re: Ginger! new
      #304163 - 04/06/07 07:20 AM
Lisa68

Thanks for the information. I don't think we have any Ginger candy or Ginger altoids in my area. Can you buy these online?

Re: New here with a question new
      #304164 - 04/06/07 07:57 AM
arnce

Reged: 05/23/04

Lisa, I, too, suffer from horrible nausea almost daily. The only time I haven't had nausea is when I've spent hours in the bathroom with diarrhea. I found ginger to be helpful--it comes from Trader Joe's or Wild Oats and it's with the dried fruits, etc. Crystallized or uncrystallized doesn't seem to be any different. It you pop one piece in your mouth, your mouth will suddenly feel extremely hot but that goes away immediately. I always carry a bag of it in my purse and usually have need for it during the day. At least it's natural and you can't overdose. I, too, have anxiety disorder and take 2mg. of Xanax a day. Don't you sometimes feel like your whole life revolves around your stomach. One minuted I feel okay and within minutes, I can run to the bathroom. Do you watch your diet real closely??? I have found that even if I cheat a little bit, I pay for it--absolutely no fats or sugar. Try the ginger and let me know. AVance1937@aol.com

#304165 - 04/06/07 08:03 AM
arnce

Reged: 05/23/04

Lisa, I guess I didn't answer your question about buying ginger on line. I haven't checked that out but if you can't find it, I'll be glad to send you some. If you don't have a Whole Foods, Wild Oats or Trader Joe's in your area, I would try a Health Food Store. If none of those work, my offer is open (I mean it--I would do anything to stop the nausea). Arlene

Ginger links new
      #304166 - 04/06/07 08:25 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

You most certainly can!

Ginger People (GinGins, etc.): http://www.gingerpeople.com

Altoids (currently out of stock here - but I've seen them in lots of convenience stores): altoids shop

crystallized ginger: www.penzeys.com

I also found that aerobic exercise helped my nausea, as did peppermint tea.

--AC

#304214 - 04/07/07 05:00 AM
Lisa68

Thanks for all your help. I'm going to look it up today

Lisa

Re: New here with a question new
      #304215 - 04/07/07 05:03 AM
Lisa68

Hi, I'm on .5mg twice a day of Xanax. I think much of my nausea is from anxiety and I'm anxious because of the nausea..lol, its a viscious cycle! I was just diagnosed with IBS a few weeks ago. With all the blood work, then the other tests, colonoscopy/sonogram/Ctscan of my ab and pelvis, that just made my anxiety sky rocket! I'm going to find some ginger candy today and buy it.

Thanks so much
Lisa

#304217 - 04/07/07 05:38 AM
Lisa68

I just bought some crystalized ginger, the regular hard ginger candy was out of stock. Is there much difference between the two? I'll let you all know how they work on me. Again thank you so much for an natural alternative to medications

Lisa

I found ginger stuff online new
      #304219 - 04/07/07 07:23 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I also found ginger altoids in Target but now they stopped carrying them, Im going to order them...I have alot of upper tummy problems too and i get so tired of it, I have panic /anxiety disorder along with all this and iBS so I feel to like its all about my stomach I get so sick of it

--------------------
Gretchen

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4929 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2883

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review