All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
going to see doc i think but can any1 help in meantime
      #303951 - 04/04/07 08:47 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

hi everyone, got a problem thats making me feel anxious, basically sticking to the diet has kept my ibs-d under control and i now have normal bms usually. before the diet i had loose bms once or twice a day maybe (i forget, i was anxious cos it was loose, could of been upto 3 times) now im normal i go 2 or sometimes even 3 times a day, totally normal, but sometimes a bm might b one big stool or sometimes 2-4 smaller parts etc(not that i sit there counting!!!) like broken up. now im getting anxious cos im worried im going 2 much even though its normal consistency, when they say its healthy up 2-3 times a day is that a bowel movement or a stool? cos say if i go 2-3 times a day and theres 2 stools thats like 4 or 6!!! i know im being silly as its got to b better than having d and i eat so much more fibrous things and veggies than i used to as i feared them, so i know it could be change in diet too, but i just get anxious, ive always wanted to b healthy and worried im not now, if anyone has any similar experience or just advice, really apreciate it

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: going to see doc i think but can any1 help in meantime new
      #303952 - 04/04/07 08:52 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

Hon I'm pretty sure they are talking about each time you visit the potty not how many pieces are in there

--------------------
Gretchen

#303953 - 04/04/07 09:07 AM
keepsmiling

yeah i think so too! i am just so anxious about this, its ridicolous, i never get anxious about anything else , just the contents of my bowels lol!! i guess i just want to go doctors to tell me its ok, but ill find sumthin else 2 worry about then! the colour or something, lol!!! (brown there, nothing 2 worry about lol!)

#303956 - 04/04/07 09:32 AM
keepsmiling

if any1 got nemore thoughts pls reply!

you're overthinking this :) new
      #303961 - 04/04/07 09:48 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

But that's ok! It's normal - because it's almost weird to start to stabilize, you have no idea what's "normal" anymore.

What you're describing, though, is pretty darn normal. The healthy range you mention, 2-3 a day, refers to bowel movements. It's completely normal to have bm's that break up into smaller stools.

Congrats on feeling better, too! Ain't it great when things start working for you?

Re: you're overthinking this :) new
      #303965 - 04/04/07 10:03 AM
keepsmiling

i have read so many books and things on net that set up 2 3 times is normal, just need the reassurance you know? sometimes i have a bm and loads comes out, but its all solid, so i guess it can only b what im eating, if its solid its moving through at a normal pace right? oh my god im starting again! i cant remember the last time i cried and said ' i can't do this anymore' which i used to do quite a lot, so im doing so much better, i just have no concept of what is normal you know, pre-ibs? i cant imagine a life not thinking about my bms! like most of the population! lol!

#303968 - 04/04/07 10:47 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

Congratulations on your "normalacy" (is that a word)!! I'm IBS-C. Before the IBS kicked in, I would have a BM a couple of times a day. If I was rather gassy, all I had to do was go into the bathroom, have a BM, and Voila - no more gas. IBS changed everything!! I was lucky if I had a BM once a week. I was nausious (sp) most of the time because I was full of sh-- as my dr so colorfully said. lol I have worked very hard over the past last 8 months to have one BM in the morning, and not be dependent on laxatives. If I miss that "window of opportunity" in the morning, then it will not be until the next morning before it comes again.
I would say you are normal, and IBS-Cer's would be jealous to be so lucky.

Snookie, IBS-C

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#303972 - 04/04/07 11:19 AM
keepsmiling

thanks, i really apreciate it, that sounds awful what you go through, i am so used to 2-3 a day that if on a rare ocassion i havent been that day or something i actually feel anxious and think of the food lying there (when i knoe this is totally normal) cant imagine what it would b like once a week. i really feel for you
and as for 'working hard,' i think you sum it up exactly! i too feel i really work to get my bms normal, exercise, sleep, reg meals, balance of fat, relaxation, just right amount of fruit and veg, not to mention no dairy!!
theres no slacking for us!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1082

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review