All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Yeah, what are you guys doing this? new
      #304577 - 04/11/07 11:30 AM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

Sounds good..hang in there and keep us updated! I had a lot of pain yesterday but I feel good today,
Keep in touch,
Time

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

What kind of exercise do you do?-nt new
      #304593 - 04/11/07 12:36 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Amitiza new
      #304594 - 04/11/07 12:38 PM
Jordy

My GI gave me some samples, but I've read that so many people get really nauseous so I'm too afraid to try. I get side effects from EVERYTHING!

--------------------

Interesting new
      #304597 - 04/11/07 12:44 PM
Jordy

My doctor just informed me that Zelnorm only had a 4% increase over a placebo. Maybe this has some psychological effect. I don't think it was helping me all that much anyhow, to be honest. I do better with Miralax. I just kind of had an initial freak out!

--------------------

Miralax and sf supplements new
      #304818 - 04/12/07 09:33 PM
Carolynjoy1228

Reged: 04/12/07

Do I need both Miralax and sf supplements? If so, when should I take each one? Should I just mix them both together into my morning smoothie? I know I may need sf supplements later in the day, too.

Help!

Carolyn
IBS-C

Re: Yeah, what are you guys doing this? new
      #305436 - 04/19/07 01:34 PM
Ravyn

Reged: 02/06/06
Loc: New Jersey

Well, I haven't been doing very well. After my last post (where I hadn't gone in 2 days, which was normal, and thought I was stabilizing), I had diarrhea again. I kept having it after the first dose, but not the second. Then, I started to notice some other symptoms which may be indicative of an allergic reaction- I felt like I was having hot flashes, my face would be bright red like I had sunburn, my head would pound but my pulse was OK (I checked!). Yesterday, I had diarrhea after BOTH doses.

So, I called my GI today. He told me to stop taking the Amitiza and see what happens. He unfortunately didn't get back to me until about half an hour ago, and I had already taken another dose with lunch (I was afriaid NOT taking it might be worse). So, I just came back from the bathroom. Fortunately, I have a VERY understanding boss. She said she's glad she doesn't have problems like this. I told her I'd rather still be C! At least then I can plan my life without planning bathrooms! I always felt for you D people, but now I REALLY do!

I'll keep you guys posted. Thank you SOOOO much for all of the support. It's nice to have a place to go to talk about this stuff! I hope other people are making out better than I am!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 179 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16979

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review