All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Going to get serious about my IBS diet....
      #303069 - 03/25/07 06:24 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I HOPE IT WORKS!!!! because I cant take this anymore
for the last few months I have been dealing with my upper stomach too...but last night It dawned on me that i have been drinking gatorade ALOT I mean all the time...so I looked at the label and it has citric acid in it, so I'm wondering , could that be causing the upper stomach pain and some burning?...It just seems odd that its happening and I've been drinking that, but I did ask my dr about it when I had my physical and she said it sounded like my IBS...and well I HAVE been under ALOT of stress....and I dont usually eat alot of red meat...I had gone a week without it and then made taco salad Thursday night, which was ok...but my FIL wanted burgers on Friday night (I made them) and I ate one for lunch yesterday too...what was i thinking, now Im paying I had cramps and loose BM and bloating and stomach ache and nausea...I can only tolerate a certain amount of some things UGH...Im also starting back on my pepcid...but sometimes it can tend to give D (Diarrhea)...I took it for a while and then started wondering if it was making me have more D ...It seemed to help my upper tummy but did give some D but maybe a coincidence...I'm not so sure, anyway I don't really have a choice...but last night i ate a ginger altoid well 2 of them and it settled my tum enough to sleep, so I'm going to do more research on that..anyone have any info on this...also having a hard time finding soy products here

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to get serious about my IBS diet.... new
      #303081 - 03/25/07 08:39 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Good luck! I hope it works out for you like it's worked out for me!

Ginger is good for nausea and stomach upset, so that's probably why it helped. You can safely use it as much as you need to. Papaya enzyme, available in chewable tablets from your local GNC or health food store, might also help with any stomach symptoms - it's sold as a natural antacid, but it's also a mild digestive enzyme.

As for the soy products, you don't NEED soy to do the IBS diet. If you can't find the products, just don't make recipes that need them. The only soy product I *ever* use is soy milk - I've just learned to live without the rest, and honestly, soy is pretty high in fat, so I'm probably better off that way.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1228 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review