All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Tight Jeans
      #302831 - 03/22/07 11:40 AM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

I just overheard something rather interesting on the tv; Jeans that are too tight can actually lead to intestinal complications including IBS. I didn't catch how tight "tight" actually is, though. I'll try to do some research on this if you guys think that it may be helpful.

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

How interesting - nt new
      #302832 - 03/22/07 11:53 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Re: Tight Jeans new
      #302886 - 03/22/07 07:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

We have discussed before how people can get bloated just from tight clothes. It is amazing but true. In fact my husband who doesn't have IBS will get bloated from pants that fit too tight on the waist. I cannot wear pants or skirts that fit high up around the natural waist. I will get bloated just from putting them on. I love low pants and skirts. Some brands fit looser in the waist as a rule (like the Gap). Also the new empire waist blouses in certain fabrics cover the tummy and hide the muffin top over low pants! Once in a while fashion works out!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Tight Jeans new
      #302929 - 03/23/07 08:29 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

wouldn't be surprised. I wore tight, real tight clothes, back in high school, & that's when I ended up seeing a GI. I know I feel really uncomfortable when I where tight stuff now. makes good sense!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 385 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review