All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
having a hard time finding soy products
      #302118 - 03/12/07 06:18 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

there is the milk and cheese, but i want a cheesecake and my grocery store used to carry soy cream cheese and now they dont ...our other natural foods store shut down...I would also like to try the soy or rice yogarts

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: having a hard time finding soy products new
      #302121 - 03/12/07 06:24 PM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I also want to say this: I know to some of you it will sound stupid but I have Panic disorder to and i have a phobia of trying new foods, like I'm afraid i will be allergic...I mean It even sounds dumb to me, but its something I'm working to overcome....I have eaten soy sauce etc so wouldn't I know by now

--------------------
Gretchen

Re: having a hard time finding soy products new
      #302146 - 03/13/07 12:56 AM
karen42

Reged: 03/12/07
Loc: Atlanta area

I have the same phobias! It got so bad I was having nightmares about eating. So, it doesn't sound dumb to me. I try new things when I'm feeling better and when I'm feeling brave that day and that moment, but just a little bit at a time.

Re: fear of allergic reactions - NO NEED TO FEAR! new
      #302360 - 03/15/07 11:30 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

Go to the allergist!!! I have had the same fear for a while now, and it was so silly for me to let it go on so long. I was afraid of peanuts, cashews, soy, corn, etc... all things I've eaten my entire life with no adverse reaction. And it was the same as you about soy... I was not afraid of soy sauce or tofu, but the idea of drinking soy milk or eating soybeans or tempeh scared me to death!

Last week I FINALLY went to the allergist about some other things, and I got a skin test done. It will test to see if you have a true allergy (the swell up or hives kind) to a food. I picked out the foods from a list, and they tested me on those foods. It was just a few tiny pricks on my arm, 15-20 minutes of sitting there to see if any turned into itchy bumps, and that was it. I had absolutely NO reaction to any of them whatsoever. It was just a few dollars and a little bit of my time... totally worth the peace of mind it gave me!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 774 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 901

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review