All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Painful day
      #302102 - 03/12/07 05:00 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

It sure is hard getting this diet down pat. Been all soluble for a week and then I added 1/4 cup of tuna to white rice and had trouble next day, but didn't last long and today is horrid; added 1/4 c. of canned black beans, mashed once for lunch then dinner with soluble food yesterday and now today the pain. Guess I blew it. I was so light-headed, I had to have some protein like beans or fish to keep from passing out. Does anyone struggle with adding insoluble fiber, protein and fats like this? Well, maybe that's a dumb question; I'm sure many of you have. wlm

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Painful day new
      #302107 - 03/12/07 05:37 PM
WendySmiling

Reged: 04/23/05
Loc: Illinois

Sorry you are having a tough time. Protein always seems to bother me. I have IBS-C (severe C) It's seems if I eat just a little chicken or fish w/ SF it's better. 1/4c of tuna seems like a small amount. I'm curious what others have to say about incorporating protein.

--------------------
Gracie
IBS-C since 1978

#302112 - 03/12/07 05:55 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Beans sound like a tough one. I haven't gone near them even though I consider myself stable. Don't get down...just try a different IF next time and see how it goes. You may only be able to tolerate small amounts of beans or proteins.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#302117 - 03/12/07 06:15 PM
wlm

Reged: 03/06/07
Loc: WA

Thanks for the replies. I will just have to experiment around with IF, etc. Hope to get it fine tuned soon!
wlm

note about tuna new
      #302372 - 03/16/07 08:49 AM
GaiasSong

Reged: 07/12/06
Loc: SC (IBS-D/P) - STABLE! Spring 2007

Hi, wlm... tuna generally comes packed in either water or oil. You didn't say what kind you had, so I'll just mention that the water-packed version is more appropriate for IBS. Hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Check multiple sources and make the best-informed decision possible!

#302399 - 03/16/07 12:29 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

You did not "blow it!" Of course you need protein! Could it maybe have been the combination of foods? Maybe tuna and rice just somehow does not "work" or "click" with you?

Protein has always been a tough one with me and my IBS. I find that meat/animal protein really makes me feel sick and can trigger attacks. I don't know if it's a personal quirk or not. I eat lots of soy/tofu/tempeh/Quorn and legumes (with Beano!) for protein and have much less of a hassle. It took me a long time before I felt okay enough to add protein. It took awhile before I was able to "layer" nutrients within the same meal/mini-meal and early in the day, my meals are mono-food meals.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1639 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1353

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review