All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
soooo stressed
      #301988 - 03/11/07 07:08 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I have been dealing with my hubby's surgery and so thats why I haven't been on in a while...I have been having nausea in the am some when I eat...NO I'M NOT PREGNANT...I think its stress...I go have a physical tomorrow I will ask about it...I went through this before 10 years ago...I think i had an ulcer then the doc put me on Tagament and it got better...I used to take pepcid also but it give me D...thats just a side effect of that type med but if I have to take it again I'm not sure what to do about that side effect...it's like I have to take one thing to take another...gets soo frustrating

I have had some relief with ginger and when going to poop it makes my nausea better....I don't have insurance so a light down my throat isn't an option til fall, but I'm sure its stress related...I mean I have soo much on me all the time,
1. dealing with panic disorder...working on getting better is stressful
2. hubby's surgery
3. hubby is interviewing for a new position (his own school)
4. him going to NYC with the coral group, i cant go and i DO NOT do well alone at night....
5. new puppy...(dont know whether I can do this Training etc)
6. allergies
and lots more...he wants to move and I don't and i haven't told him yet because I know he hates it here but I feel safer because his family is beside us and they are always home and his aunt has panic too and so she understands...Im just stressed

--------------------
Gretchen

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: soooo stressed new
      #301989 - 03/11/07 07:26 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Have you ever considered taking something for anxiety? The nausea you describe is EXACTLY what I had for years... doctors gave me tagamet and other ulcer meds, it made it temporarily better, but always came back. Then I went on medication for anxiety, and I've had ZERO nausea problems for a couple years now.

Just a thought.

Stress sucks. Hang in there!

#301990 - 03/11/07 07:59 AM
nurturingkneads

Reged: 04/01/03
Loc: NC,USA

I do...but I always try to not take as much...I think I need to just take it right...its Xanax and it does help...but I'm so scared i will have to keep going up if i take it all the time

--------------------
Gretchen

#301992 - 03/11/07 08:56 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Sorry you are having a tough time. I thoroughly understand what you are going through. I also had the nausea caused by stress. This was several years ago and the doc put me on Pepcid. It really helped, along with a low fat diet, and didn't give me "D". Isn't Tagamet similar to Pepcid? If it helped before maybe you could try it again. Also, I'm on Librax which relaxes me and my tummy. It has been the one med that has helped me the most. It is in the same family as Xanax. I would certainly use the Xanax if I were you. Maybe start at the lowest dose. I believe it will help you cope more than anything else with all the stress in your life right now.

I have also used anti-nausea wrist bands (mine is called SeaBand) that I got at the drug store. They are really for motion sickness but they did help somewhat.

Also, I do deep breathing exercises and that has helped me, too.

It certainly does look like you have a lot to deal with right now....hopefully in time things will settle down.

Good luck with your physical. Hope you get some help.

I agree with Casey, Stress sucks!

Barbie

--------------------

Xanax everyday? new
      #302194 - 03/13/07 01:49 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I am sorry to hear of your situation! I hope that things are going better and that you are feeling better! I have been going the same thing (stomach distress) myself and my doctor also prescribe Xanax. My IBS hasn't acted up in a while. It started back up a few months ago, due to stressful situations in my life. Now, my IBS is back with a vengence! But I am also, afraid to take it everyday. If we don't take it everyday how will it help? My doctor gave me Lexapro, but I have heard that can consitipate you, so I would rather not take other than when I need it. Is there any other meds. for anxiety that are easy on the stomach like Xanax that anyone knows of?

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Re: Xanax everyday? new
      #302240 - 03/13/07 08:42 PM
karen42

Reged: 03/12/07
Loc: Atlanta area

Unfortunately any SSRI med (such as Lexapro) can cause GI problems, but that doesn't mean every SSRI will for you. SSRI's also only work by getting into your blood stream after 2-4 weeks, so taking them "as needed" won't help. You need to build it up in your system for them to work. Unlike Xanaz or other benzo's which work instantly and don't stay in your blood stream. They are highly addictive though, so be careful! If taken on a regular basis you will build up a tolerance and you may continue to need more to have the same effect.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review