Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Trust yourself... new
      #30610 - 12/08/03 11:21 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:
"If you can track this down, the February 2003 Today's Dietitian had an excellent article on celiac testing, the different types of celiac, the different types of tests, and the difficulty of getting any type of accurate diagnosis. I really, really wish that article was on-line because it's the best thing I've ever seen on the topic, and quite shocking."

Some years ago when I became semi-retired I gave up all the professional journals I subscribed to (darn it) so I don't have access to it. Maybe someone on the Celiac boards, a moderator possibly, could gain permission from the publication to post this one on line. We would sure like to know more and I do believe this is a viable subject given the number of people with IBS who are wheat intollerant and could possibly be celiac too.
Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Angylroses: what have you read abt probiotics that concerns you?-nt new
      #30690 - 12/09/03 09:33 AM
lithelady

Reged: 08/15/03
Loc: Novato, CA

--------------------
Many years of C-IBS and pain too for past 2 years-

Re: Hi Katgirl- plz DO keep us posted abt how eliminating all gluten helps your C to resolve! new
      #30768 - 12/09/03 11:20 AM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

ok so day 4 of the wheat-free diet!....
so day 2 and 3 weren't very good in terms of what things i ate...but its just going to take some time i suppose and cheking everything very carefully!
I can def see how the wheat has been causing problems tho...on sunday i went for a chinese buffet...i thought i had been extra careful but turns out some wheat managed to sneak its way onto my plate! anyways i felt awful for the rest of that evening and most of yday. today however, i have had a completely wheat/gluten/dairy free day and my symptoms have slightly improved...and im determined to stick to a strict diet!
will keep you updated on how things go...god i sound like a soap opera!
kat x

Re: Results!! new
      #30772 - 12/09/03 11:27 AM
cloudygirl

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Washington

Hi Katgirl,
Here are two websites with great recipes on wheat free food.
http://www.livingwithout.com/recipes_glutenfreebasics.htm and http://www.savorypalate.com
I hope these help you.
There are two excellent authors you might want to check out their books. Betty Hagman and Carol Phenster.
Good luck!
Cloudygirl

Re: Results!! new
      #30822 - 12/09/03 02:21 PM
katgirl

Reged: 10/31/03

cloudygirl - thank you, i'll check them out!x

Re: Hi Katgirl- plz DO keep us posted abt how eliminating all gluten helps your C to resolve! new
      #30824 - 12/09/03 02:32 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Hey watch those chinese fast food places they say they serve grilled chicken for there bowls but the use wheat and other preservatives for the chicken to keep it soft.
Same thing with charboiling ask them before you order it.
If you make you own stir fry at home you can but La choy soy sauce it's wheat free to use in your stir fry.
Here is a website for wheat/free/gluten free mall.
www.glutenfreemall.com.
Good luck oh ya here's another for ya for frozen waffles.
www.wheatstonefoods.com they have wheatfree/gluten free waffles you can get at most whole food stores. Again good luck..
Sherri

Re: You just scared the heck out of me!!! new
      #30867 - 12/09/03 06:22 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Sorry I didn't answer earlier.I was in a pretty bad way prior to the procedure. I needed a whole 4 days to recover and get back into the swing of things. My recovery from the gasterional infection It took a toll on me. By the time they decided to run the test what ever caused the infection had already left my body and 40lbs lighter. So the only thing my Dr. said I might of been was a real bad case of gasternitis in the bowel, big DDD. I was always a little IBS prone before nothing real big just occassional around that time of the month. Now I have to watch out for everything I eat. That post by Heather not to long ago on Gasternitis fit me to a tee. now take tht extra day or two if your in a bad way now, if your ok you should bounce back right away. Just take it slow for the next few days.
Wish you luck... Sheri

#30924 - 12/10/03 12:26 AM
marnie

Reged: 09/17/03

Endoscopy is no biggie like the colonoscopy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go for it!!!

As for the quote on insult to the gut, you may well be insulting yr. gut by eating the wheat...... Just think........maybe your problems w/be over if you are allergic to wheat............or at the very least........muchooo better!

Best of luck and

Marnie

#30925 - 12/10/03 03:00 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

I had both test done in one month.getting ready for the one is the bad thing but the test it self was ok.then the other one wasn,t bad.so please try to relax an keep your self cool.I know that is had to tell some one. at my age I don,t like to be put a sleep but won,t have it done with out being put to sleep.it all comes out in the end ha .ha.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

#30926 - 12/10/03 03:08 AM
Gerry10

Reged: 10/15/03
Loc: Las Vegas,Nev.

yes you can go to work the next day as long as you get some rest the day you had the test.an ofcourse if they don,t fine anything.but I,ll say a pray for you an hope that will help.

--------------------
Neta G.Yale

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3728 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 19097

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review