Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: I feel that I need to be tested, too! -nt- new
      #30461 - 12/07/03 03:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Shanna,

Just curious...what symptoms are you having that sound like Celiac?

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Results!! new
      #30471 - 12/07/03 03:59 PM
babycarrot75

Reged: 11/08/03
Loc: philly PA

ME TOO!
I cana't have any grains but rice...lets share food ideas!!!
good luck!
babycarrot!

Re: You just scared the heck out of me!!! new
      #30548 - 12/08/03 08:40 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I have to have my upper endoscopy and colonoscopy done next Tuesday! Not something I am looking forward to and I'm not sure whether they're putting me out or not. I know I'm getting sedated, but not sure to what degree. I thought maybe if I stayed up the night before I might be able to fall asleep during the procedure!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#30551 - 12/08/03 08:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I tried that! I wish I hadn't stayed up all night...I needed the sleep...and they put me under anyway. I told them I wanted to be out and I wanted the anestheseologist there...it wasn't a problem. Hope it all goes well for you...let us know!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I wish you all the luck in the world new
      #30561 - 12/08/03 09:19 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Hi Jennifer,

I hope all goes well for you, but I have to admit that I'm glad I'm not in your shoes. I'm scared to death of an endoscope after going thru what I did with the colonoscopy. But then I may be unique in the fact that before IBS I had a very high tolerance to pain overall. Once an IBS'er that went away and I have NO tolerance for pain no matter where it is in my body. It is rather embarrassing since I have to even tell my dentist who once was in ah of how much pain I could handle that he now needs to pull out the big guns to help with any procedure he does to me. I also need much more anesthetic, overall, to handle pain than a normal body. This is another puzzle piece I haven't fit into the IBS disorder.

If it's any help it is usually a given that most people just sleep thru the entire procedure and that the sedation is plenty adequate for most people so they don't even know what happened. I doubt it would be a good idea to loose sleep over it. You need to stay positive with no high anxiety levels or fatigue going into the tests. (Don't let people like me scare you since I'm an exception to the rule.)

There is ONE piece of advise I would give and it is based on my own experience of the colonoscopy experience. That is to tank up immediately after the tests on probiotics. With the "clean out" phase you are washing all the good flora from your intestinal tract and that needs to be replaced ASAP. When mine was over I couldn't figure out why I craved drinkable yogurt so much, but I downed it by the pints with no ill affects at the time. It was later pointed out to me why.

Good luck and I have no doubt you'll do fine.

Kandee

--------------------

#30563 - 12/08/03 09:28 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Jennifer, Good luck, I had the same procedures done in Aug.
Have them put you out. I didn't feel or remember a thing.
Best of all it was the best sleep I have had in weeks.
Afterwards I was a little sore in my tummy region. Take it easy for a couple days, I stayed on blan foods for about 3 days after the procedure and began eating on Heather's diet plan and have been stable since. Remember you might not have a b/m for about 3-5days it's pretty normal for most folks. The best thing will be no bad results only good.
rooting for you and in my prayers. Sherri

Re: I wish you all the luck in the world new
      #30588 - 12/08/03 10:02 AM
Jennifer Rose

Hi Kandee,

Thanks for the encouragement. To be honest, I'm not sure that they're putting me out. Although they are doing the procedure in a hospital, it is being done in my doctor's office rather than the downstairs main portion of the hospital. I think I might call sometime this week to ask if I can be put out. My sigmoidoscopy was very painful for me.

I'm not really too worried about the tests themselves - just the IV that has to go in my arm! I have major needle phobia and get dizzy just thinking about it. My dentist has to give me valium and the gas just to get through the needle for numbing my gums. LOL

I'll have to look into probiotics, although from what I've read on the board, I don't think I'm very comfortable starting those. My body's done okay without them but maybe I'll do a little more research into them.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#30589 - 12/08/03 10:04 AM
Jennifer Rose

Hey Sherr,

Were you able to go to work the next day? I've only got one sick day left (and that's for the day of the procedure) and am worried that I might not feel well enough to go to work the next day, although I really can't afford not to.

I am actually looking forward to having my body "cleansed" so I can start over and try to stick to the diet as close as I can.

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#30603 - 12/08/03 10:41 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Jennifer, good luck with your procedures! Definitely have them put you out. Or in the words of my uncle after having a colonoscopy, "Go with the drugs!"

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Go with the drugs???? (grin) new
      #30609 - 12/08/03 11:11 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

One having that proceedure will have drugs regardless. The question is will it be with a "general" anestisia where an anestisiologist is present the entire time, or an RN tech that does the IV with a combination of relaxers and drugs that put you in la-la land whereby you can hear and take orders but are not aware of it afterwards. Best to find out way in advance which it will be.

I DO like you uncle's advise!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 18994

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review