All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Beano, acacia, and gas
      #301125 - 03/01/07 12:02 PM
kimberlyj

Reged: 12/11/06
Loc: Tampa, Florida

I have had alot of painful trapped gas these last two weeks. My Doc told me that Beano before meals works better than simethicone. I have been popping alot of Beano, 2-3 pills,4x a day. I also just started acacia, but inadvertently took more than I was taking with benefiber.(one day only, dropped down to 1 tbl) I stopped both because of so much trapped gassince then. Did I just start too many things at once? Or should I start back on the Benefiber? I was up to 1 tbl 2x a day but i stopped it thinking I was stable. Took only a tsp this morning and ate only BTC diet. If anyone can help, I am flying tonight on vacation and am worried about gas! Taking Bentyl 1pm and 7 pm tonight to help with pain. Dont have any problems with flying but now worry about sitting for 4-5 hours staight. I know, worrying is why I feel so bad.HELP!!

--------------------
IBS-C bloating and gas predominant.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Beano, acacia, and gas new
      #301152 - 03/01/07 02:36 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Well, fennel tea relieves trapped gas nicely (at least for me and a lot of people have said so on this board). You can try that once you come back.

Acacia could cause gas if you take too much... You need to take a little and let your body adjust, then take a little more... gradually increase.

Personally, I've found flying halts my intestines. I don't have much gas in airplanes, as I don't get as hungry. Have you noticed how small food on the plane is? It's still too much...

Don't worry about the gas. If there's too much, get an aisle seat and go to the bathroom once in a while. But I hope it will be OK. Have a great vacation.

#301509 - 03/05/07 07:55 PM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

I have a lot of bloating, caused by C and trapped gas.
What do you suggest, fennel, gas-x?

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

#301534 - 03/06/07 07:46 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I have took gas-x for the last year or more there ok in a pinch. BUT GET THE FENNEL TEA! IT WORKS SO MUCH BETTER!
Hang in there I now gas is the pits!
Emmasmom
Ibs-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1207

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review