All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
colonoscopy is done.
      #301024 - 02/28/07 06:57 PM
fallrightinto

Reged: 01/18/07
Loc: 98366, Wa, USA

It wasn't so bad now that it's done. but I was whole heartedly terrified with the oxygen thing in my nose and those heart things stuck to my chest and tummy, and that finger thing, laying there waiting for the doctor. I've never had that kind of stuff before, i was really scared.

you know, i wasn't even scared about the procedure, I was scared about the i.v. and the medicines.
After the medicine was put in my i.v., i don't remember a thing and I woke up in recovery feeling really good, like, really good.

anyway, i have an inflammed colon and they took biopsies. colitus, and what not. i got put on sulfasalazine, i start taking those guys tomorrow.

i'm so glad it's over. food has never tasted so good.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: colonoscopy is done. new
      #301030 - 02/28/07 07:19 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Now it's over and done. And you've got some answers. I'm glad to hear it wasn't too terrible of an experience for you.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#301117 - 03/01/07 11:34 AM
tanawana

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: youngstown, OH

The reason I haven't committed to the appointment yet is simply because of the i.v like you stated. A blood test at the last doctor visit gave me a panic attack. At least you're braver than I am. Think I may call and see if they can do it without the i.v. somehow.

#301121 - 03/01/07 11:55 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Yea! Glad to hear it went well. How was the prep for you???

It must be a relief to know what's going on with you, so you can treat the problem. Good luck!

#301123 - 03/01/07 11:58 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I have a problem with that too, and here's what helps me. When I do a blood test, I ask if I can lie down. They're always fine with that. Then I close my eyes and imagine that I'm at the swimming pool lying in the sun. The trick is not to focus on (or look at)the needle.

As for the IV, I just don't look. Once it's in, and I haven't fainted, I tell myself I'm not going to faint because I would have already. Make sense?

#301131 - 03/01/07 01:03 PM
tanawana

Reged: 02/22/07
Loc: youngstown, OH

Yep, I don't look at the needle either and lying down is a given. Best to catch me off guard when I get to the office and don't expect them needing blood. Then I have no choice. Now, going in knowing I'm gonna get stuck is scary. It's just in the inner arm or hand that gets me for some reason. The actual needles or other stuff doesn't bother me

#301153 - 03/01/07 02:38 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Um... I had a colonoscopy late last year and they didn't use the oxygen thing! I'm glad they didn't but I wonder why they did for you...

Well, now you have some answers. I am sorry you have IBD

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1044 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review