All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Jeio new
      #301163 - 03/01/07 03:30 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Quote:

Sorry, it's my fault, the controversy and such... I should probably just leave this board and never return. I just don't want to leave, because I was helped so much by the information and people here. I feel I have to give some back. And I feel for people suffering with IBS... well, I'm just making excuses for myself. It's my fault, don't blame yourself, dear.

I don't see any reason for you to leave. You say what you have to say and other people either agree or disagree - some of us more vociferously than others.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think you're missing the point... new
      #301169 - 03/01/07 03:59 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

This has come up before, directly from Heather. Heather pays for this board. The purpose of this board is to discuss the IBS diet as "created" by Heather. This diet involves eliminating dairy, therefore, we shouldn't be posting suggestions to the contrary. Heather has commented before (I wish I could remember the topic...) that it CAN be confusing for newbies when people post about having a glass of skim milk, or eating cereal with lactaid.

It's one thing to suggest someone try eating a tomato (categorized as IF) to see if they can handle it; it's quite another to suggest that they drink a glass of milk (categorized as a TRIGGER).

Are we done now??

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: This is ridiculous! new
      #301178 - 03/01/07 04:23 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

There is no need to leave the board, but do respect Heather's diet and guidelines. As Lisa Marie said Heather has commented on stuff like this before.

I've been on this board for a little over a year now and in that time I have seen a few posts from people who at one point were stable, then suddenly they weren't and they didn't know why because they were "following Heather's diet" but it actually turned out that they were eating a bunch of triggers including dairy. Other posters who were newbies would swear they were following Heather's diet except for the dairy thing which they couldn't do without and they were sure dairy wasn't a problem for them. But they didn't know why their IBS wasn't improving.

If people want to have dairy they can go right ahead and drink milk, eat cheese, slather their foods with butter because no one is stopping them. But then they shouldn't come on here complaining that Heather's diet doesn't work.

Jeio please stay...and everyone else, let's drop it! Sorry!! n/t new
      #301191 - 03/01/07 05:31 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: milk new
      #301199 - 03/01/07 06:19 PM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

Hey - I have no problems with dairy as long as it is low fat. Even though some people can't have it and there is evidence that it may be problematic, doesn't mean that it is a problem for everyone. I have skim milk with my cereal and yogurt every day with no problems. I hope that you can enjoy your cereal!

#301234 - 03/02/07 08:08 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If I have an adverse reaction after a week or so, it won't make me totally unstable, right?

Actually, WRONG. It can potentially completely destabilize you. If I were you, I wouldn't go there.

#301236 - 03/02/07 08:24 AM
Jennifer86

Reged: 01/01/07
Loc: UK

Quote:

Hey - I have no problems with dairy as long as it is low fat. Even though some people can't have it and there is evidence that it may be problematic, doesn't mean that it is a problem for everyone. I have skim milk with my cereal and yogurt every day with no problems. I hope that you can enjoy your cereal!

One final query on this...please don't let it turn into a huge debate though?! I am following Heather's diet, including avoiding all dairy, and have been following it since early December. I also take acacia and have started taking MagAsorb but at the moment I consider myself still to be very unstable - very bloated and usually very constipated - although I did have a BM yesterday (my first in 10 days!!)

So here's my question...If and when I finally become stable...can I add milk into my diet to see how it affects me...the reason being so I can find out if it does actually affect me? Otherwise how will I ever know if it is actually a trigger FOR ME or not? I understand that it may cause havoc with my system if I do decide to try it but I'd rather know for definite that I cannot tolerate milk before I go the rest of my life avoiding it...you know? I mean, does that seem advisable?

Stop!!! new
      #301237 - 03/02/07 08:33 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

Guys, come on,, just drop it, will you? The original poster has already said three times that she didn't want this to happen, and to just drop it,, why can't you all respect that?? I'm not going to get involved in this anymore, I just want to stop seeing new posts under this topic,,, do you realize that it has gotten so bad that some people are posting new topics just to get this one to end?? Gosh.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#301239 - 03/02/07 08:34 AM
keepsmiling

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: bham, uk

can i just say and please dont take offence anyone, but you do realise your arguing over milk? everyone has got diff views, we all lead different lives and have different experiences with our ibs, so no ones experiences with milk is exactly the same. for me personally, i switched to rice milk and soy cheese a while ago and apart from the ocassionally chocolate bar or cookie i never really think about missing it, i feel extremely lucky that i have not got crohns, colitis etc and that if all i have to do isavoid foods like milk to stay healthy than im bloody lucky! rice milk is the new milk for me- i drink at least two cartons a week and to be honest i cant remember what milk tastes like! i dont trust uk farming at the moment anyway!
remember we are all here for a common purpose, if people dont have a problem with milk, then lucky them, but please dont think milk is something to re-introduce, its not like insoluble fibre. if people choose to do that then fine, but those who do then please dont post that you are still having attacks, as it is understandbly frustrating to people who are desperately try everything they can and still feel crappy!
please remember we are all trying to find a way, we are lucky that we can help ourselves and are not stuck with some terminal disease, so lets support each other not argue!

#301240 - 03/02/07 08:36 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

Quote:

So here's my question...If and when I finally become stable...can I add milk into my diet to see how it affects me...the reason being so I can find out if it does actually affect me? Otherwise how will I ever know if it is actually a trigger FOR ME or not? I understand that it may cause havoc with my system if I do decide to try it but I'd rather know for definite that I cannot tolerate milk before I go the rest of my life avoiding it...you know? I mean, does that seem advisable?

I think this is just too personal to ask, I mean, everyone is different, so if you want to try it, go ahead, no one can stop you. We're supposed to figure out our triggers through Trial and Error, right? So if you think you're ready to try it, go for it. If it destabilizes you, then you know that its a trigger and you won't do it again. (generally, not pointing fingers here)

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1054 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 51854

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review