All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Edamame (Vegetable Soy Bean)
      #300631 - 02/23/07 07:24 PM
swtsttulips

Reged: 02/15/07

I was curious to know if anyone has ever tried Edamame, and if so did you have a bad outcome?

I friend at work turned me on to the Edamame (Soy Bean Vegetable) and I went and bought some tonight, I figured that it would be a good way to get some good protein when I haven't gotten much lately (have been eating a lot of rice). Just wondering if anyone has eaten this to get protein?

Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Edamame (Vegetable Soy Bean) new
      #300671 - 02/24/07 02:26 PM
laurab

Reged: 11/28/06
Loc: Boston

Hi -

I love edamame - I'm IBS C and have never had a problem with it! I usually buy it frozen (at Trader Joes), in its shell, and then heat it up and add a little salt. You can also buy it shelled and use it to make dips and spreads. Since I'm not eating beans or tofu/soy products, i think it's a great way to get protein and have a quick snack. The best is when you get it steamed at asian restaurants - nothing beats that! Hope that helps,

Laura

Re: Edamame (Vegetable Soy Bean) new
      #300715 - 02/25/07 09:41 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Edamame are wonderful! I've always had positive experiences with them & love they're convenience! Combine them with some rice or alternative SF source and enjoy! They're fabulous additions to soups, as well. Start with a small amount so as not to shock your system. If you haven't been consuming legumes, lately, it's best to be gentle!

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1896 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review