All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
desperately need help with nausea
      #300031 - 02/17/07 09:43 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

excuse my spelling and typing, im laying down in bed, im so nauseas i havent been able to eat all day and now im starting to shake,,, i need to eat im home alone for te next three hours and dont want anything to happen,,,, is there anything i can eat? i havent thrown up yet but im having thre worst time keeping anything down, i cant even drink anything,,, im scared,,, pease help!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: desperately need help with nausea new
      #300034 - 02/17/07 11:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I see you posted this a while ago. How are you doing now? Do you think you have a stomach bug or something?

Having an empty stomach is probably making your nausea worse. Do you have any ginger tea? Or chamomile? This should help settle your stomach. Then try eating some dry cereal or crackers.

I hope you feel better soon!

#300035 - 02/17/07 11:25 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

Hi, I'm doing better, thanks. Still a bit nauseous, but I'm drinking some peppermint tea now (I have chamomile but I thought I read somewhere that its not good for IBS??? ) And I have some rice and mashed potatoes I made a couple nights ago that I'm slowly eating. It's not a stomach bug I don't think, I think its just because of my period, I always get cramps and I think the nausea came on because of that. Thanks for your help. I don't have any crackers (haha i ate the last of them yesterday) but I do have pretzels and I'm doing to start snacking on those. Thanks again!

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#300246 - 02/20/07 06:55 AM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Chamomile is fine for IBS - I think Heather mentions it in her books. It's also quite wonderful for easing menstrual cramps. Even better is Traditional Medicinals Easy Now tea, which has chamomile, lavender, passionflower, and catnip (all mild sedatives), plus peppermint. I often drink it during my period because it has something for all of my typical symptoms.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#300261 - 02/20/07 09:48 AM
Jackey

Reged: 12/27/05
Loc: Orlando, Florida

Hi! I take Heather's peppermint and fennel tea in the same cup. I add raw honey and I take a peppermint/ginger capsule. Sometimes when I feel it coming on I eat candied ginger (bought in bulk in the health food store). Also, I buy fresh ginger and chop up (no need to peel) and steep it in water for a ginger tea and add honey. Lastly, I start snacking on Teddy Grahams until it goes away. Sometimes it's really bad (because I pushed the envelope by eating something disagreeable) and I go to a comfortable place (my bathroom) and sit in front of a portable heater (back to the "fire" so to speak)with low lighting while reading an interesting magazine. That helps relax my muscles and take my mind off of it a bit. Best I can offer! Hope you feel better soon!

#300267 - 02/20/07 10:15 AM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Forgot to add that I've found the homeopathic remedy nux vomica helpful for mild nausea.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 962

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review