All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS/Constipation AND Candida!
      #299897 - 02/15/07 11:21 AM
ChelleBob

Reged: 02/15/07

I have more than one problem and more than one diet to follow. I don't know what I should do. The candida diet is low sugar... so low carb and requires the use of many oils. I cut out many of the carbs I had been eating, cut out fruit and beans to begin with. I cut out all sugar for the candida. I began eating more lean meat, more veggies, (some raw), I quit eating white potatoes and white rice. Started eating brown rice and sweet potatoes with the skin. I cook most of my food on the stove in some oil. After a week on the diet I began to be constipated. It's been 3 weeks now since then and it's only gotten worse. I started adding back in some fruits and beans, but still nothing. I went to the doctor and he took an x-ray. I'm completely back up.. he put me on zelnorm. I'm on day 4....still nothing. I have no urge whatsoever to use the bathroom. I eat and eat and nothing comes out! How am I going to eat for both problems??

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS/Constipation AND Candida! new
      #299908 - 02/15/07 01:13 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I'm just IBS-C and I eat low-carb everyday, without any problems. I eat high fat/protein foods and I eat some fermented grains (couldn't tolerate grains before). I also eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and different types of fat (and NO extra sugar!). I know that this is the anti-BTC diet, but it's the only thing that works for me.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

#300131 - 02/19/07 04:00 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

wHAT DO YOU MEAN BY FERMENTED GRAINS???
THANKS

#300224 - 02/19/07 07:14 PM
ibssuffererssunite

Reged: 02/18/07

I am not a medical professional by any means, but I do suffer from IBS, which mine is associated with Candida. So, I hope to offer you some help. Zelnorm didn't work; it only gave me hope. You have to clean out your system and build from the ground up. I recommend magnesium citrate. It's a green bottle full of a liquid laxative. It tastes kind of lemony. It will allow you to clean yourself out, but not be excruiatingly painful as some laxatives can be. Once your system is cleaned out, stick to the basic foods. If you have not already bought these two books, I recommend them: Yeast Connection and the Candida Cookbook. The former is better than the latter, however, they are both great books. Stick to foods that you know are not going to bother you. Personally, I find that as long as I am consuming plenty of water and fresh green vegetables, I do fine. I do NOT eat anything with yeast, sugar, gluten, wheat, or dairy. OR, if I do, I end up back where I started, and where I do not want to be.

I will be honest. You may feel constipated for a while in the beginning, but once you get your diet on track, you will start to feel regular and feel so much better.

Also, if are not already, make sure you are taking plenty of vitamins. I take acidophilus for a pro biotic, as well as a multi-vitamin and vitamin c tablets.

Try not to eat a lot of carbs. Even though you may be digesting complex carbs, they are still carbs, and because you probably feel as I have in the past, it's best to stick with the healthiest possible foods until you can get your body on the right track. I know that some of the literature tells the reader to stay away from legumes in the beginning. Well, I eat spinach, asparagus, and broccoli. Brussel Sprouts are okay. If you are a picky eater, peas and green beans are okay, they are just not preferred when compared to the previous greens. Some fruits are okay, but because of the natural sugars, they can bother some people's stomachs. I personally eat bananas and apples, occasionally. However, lemons still bother my stomach occasionally. I eat oatmeal and a granola type cereal made with only organic foods. I eat that with soy milk. I am much better than I was. And, I would say on my good days I am better than I ever have been. It's hard to stay on track. I keep falling off the wagon, but I know what I feel like when I feel terrible, and how good I feel when I eat what I am suppose to. I just hope that my knowledge and experience can help you and other sufferers out there. I do hope that you find this beneficial and I hope that you start to feel better. I personally no longer trust the doctors or the medicines. I think that the sufferers are more knowledgeable. I wish you luck!

#300231 - 02/19/07 09:11 PM

Unregistered

what kind of cereal do you eat? i eat kashi go lean. If you're not eating yeast,sugar,gluten,wheat,or dairy, would someone just eat chicken, turkey, fruits vegtables?
i make a lot of smoothies with ground flax seed,I also eat peaches,pears,spinache,blueberries,strawberries,cheries,grahm crackers, bannanas, recipes from heather's book, i eat a lot of rice,some desserts with chocolate, i use a lot of lemons for lemon bread and other recipes in her book.
I can't remember what else right now. tell me what you think of this.
I am Ibs-c, quite bad, lots of bloat/gas pebble stools, can't go at all unless i self-move it.
i take benefiber every day, sometimes i take glycolax, Amitiza(daily).

#300425 - 02/21/07 03:44 PM
ibssuffererssunite

Reged: 02/18/07

I assume this post was in response to my posting...

The cereal is called Back to Nature Apple Cinnamon Granola. There is another one, which is plain granola cereal. I found it at the health section of my grocery store.

Actually, believe it or not, I eat just about the same stuff I did previously, but less of certain things. For example, any time I want something to eat that is dairy, I select products made from soy, other types of nuts, and tofu (ie., soy milk, soy yogurt, soy ice cream, tofu cheese, etc). Meats are okay as long as they do not contain a lot of fat. Fish products and eggs are very good. Processed meats are not good, so I have to stay away from many types of sandwiches. Vegetables are very, very good, as long as I don't consume too many regular potatoes or corn(starches). I've actually tried eliminating corn from my diet anyways since it doesn't have as much nutrients in it as compared with other vegetables. In order to have bread, I eat a yeast free, gluten free, and wheat free rice bread that is very good. I also am able to eat jelly with 100% fruit and their natural sugars. I don't consume any sugar or chocolate because of the simple carbs, the pain they cause me, and also because most chocolate I eat contains milk, which I can't have either. There are many recipes for foods than I can eat, but I rely upon Yeast Connection and The Candida Control cook book. Heather's book is good, too, however, because of my strict diet, I HAVE TO watch what I make. Plus, I try to look for meals that I can make up quickly, but still have a nutritious meal.

I personally would recommend concentrating on eating vegetables primarily for meals for the first few days to get your bowels regular again (or for the first time...which ever it may be). I would try not to consume too many fruits to begin with, but to add them later. Try to keep your meals small, but full of nutrition. Chicken, turkey, pork, etc are good as long as they are baked or grilled. And, if they have to be fried, to make sure they are fried in olive oil. I also eat oatmeal. I like to blend fruits with the blender and eat it with oatmeal. I have ground flax seed, but I have not used it yet. Soy yogurts are very good, and I am going to try eating some of my cereal with it for an extra taste. I used to take citracil, but I don't feel as though it was doing anything anymore if it ever was. I do occasionally drink water with metamucil powder. However, I do not have to do that unless I haven't been able to go to the bathroom for a few days. I find that when my stools get more irregular and small, I need to eat foods very rich in fiber. Sometimes, my meals consist of very little of everything else, and mainly vegetables. I keep my meals from becoming boring by eating something different every meal. Plus, using those recipes will help, too. I have not used many of the recipes because I just got them a month or two ago, and I am in the process of moving. So, I have not had much time to explore, but I will.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1299

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review