All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
What do you usually do when...
      #299555 - 02/11/07 07:21 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

you ahve tried the BTC diet but are still getting constant D attacks??? I'm getting at least 3 a day and am at my wits end. Who knew toast could go through you so quickly? or boiled potato?
Help!
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: What do you usually do when... new
      #299559 - 02/11/07 07:40 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

At my worst, that's exactly how I was. I don't have good advice, either, because I would take Immodium, I'd get C from it, and the cycle would continue. All I really did was stick with it and hope for the best, and eventually, I did start to stabilize. I lived on plain rice and hot rice cereal for a loooong time.

I'm sorry you're going through this - awful! Maybe someone else will have some more ideas for you.

#299564 - 02/11/07 08:04 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

How many days have you been on the BTC diet? What else are you eating through out the day? maybe you're allergic to something?

Re: one more question...atomic rose, thanks guys new
      #299566 - 02/11/07 08:20 PM
KinOz

Thanks guys..I am living pretty much on toast,potatoes and not much else. I have been on the btc diet 3 days and seem to be getting worse anyway.

Atomic Rose - i know what you mean about the immodium cycle though i have just taken one in desperation. So did you stick to those plain foods and using immodium until you stabilised then? how long did that take?

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#299574 - 02/11/07 08:47 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

Are you having a problem with anxiety too, or anything else that could be triggering D (like stress)?

When I get a bad episode of D I usually stick to baby-food type stuff...you know, applesause, toast, banana, rice. After a few days if I don't get better, my boyfriend usually says something like, "if it goes in baby-food, it comes out that way too." And for me that's true. I'll venture on to eating a plain turkey sandwich on sourdough (no spreads or lettuce) and start to get better.

You can try a 1/2 Immodium if you're worried about getting C.

Re: thanks... new
      #299578 - 02/11/07 11:13 PM
KinOz

I dont feel overly stressed though I did just have a baby and I have two other children to care for also...plus we just moved house. Now I think about it that does sound stressful but I feel like I coped with it all OK. I am prone to anxiety and have quite an "organised' personality if you know what I mean... what kind of immodium..advanced or regular? Also, I will try some steamed chicken etc and see if that helps. thanks so much!

--------------------

#299606 - 02/12/07 09:44 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Just wanted to add that I think it's a good idea to take Imodium while you're trying to get stable. 1/2 to 1 capsule (2 mg per capsule) of regular Imodium in the mornings or at night before bed really helped me stabilize. It's safe to use a low dose of Imodium daily, as a preventive and as a maintenance drug.

#299607 - 02/12/07 09:47 AM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

A move, a baby...all positive things but very stressful. Your body may be reacting to that. I used to get physical reactions to stress two days after the event, without fail. Now it seems to be more immediate.

I used the advanced Immodium because I get rumbly tummy too. But it's more expensive, so I switched to the regular. You can take Gas-X (or fennel tea) for the gas if you have that problem.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review