All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
This Weeks IBS Newsletter
      #299200 - 02/07/07 09:23 AM
Naturapanic

Reged: 02/16/06

Was anybody else, no offense, irked when reading this week's IBS newsletter?

The headline was Why One Reader Is No Longer Resigned to IBS

The bottom line was the reader took Acadia for a few months, the IBS disappeared, and they could eat pizza.

Meantime I tried Acadia, it had minimal to zero impact, the powder would not dissolve in water, Benefiber had more impact on my bloating, c, and trapped gas, and I can't pizza.
Heck if I eat cheerios or have too much Smart Balance Light Butter I feel skin irritation, trapped gas, and bloating.

It's very frustrating because not only does it not mention WHAT IBS symptoms the reader had, but I mean I wish Acadia did that for me.
Geez I'm still eating like a cancer surviving patient.

--------------------
IBS-C and Bloating

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: This Weeks IBS Newsletter new
      #299211 - 02/07/07 10:57 AM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

Nope, not irked. Hopeful.

I know that it may take me time to come to a balance with my body, but it's been out of balance for years, so that makes sense to me. I'm glad to know that some people can move past it.

I was initially very frustrated with the acaCia, as the benefiber I was taking before it dissolved much quicker. But I learned to just set the glass aside for 10 or 15 minutes and have no problem now (as long as I remember to start with a dry glass and add the powder first). Maybe try that. It took a good month of religiously taking the fiber supplement to see any difference.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

#299222 - 02/07/07 11:27 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

About the Acacia dissolving...

Since it is tasteless and odorless, I don't find it so bad if it didn't completely dissolve... it doesn't taste terrible or anything

I frequently dissolve it in my oatmeal and put it after I put everything else so it doesn't completely dissolve. It's also good in baby food...

#299248 - 02/07/07 02:13 PM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

No, you're totally right. It doesn't taste bad. I don't mind some texture in my cereal, but can't stand it in my juice or water, though!

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

Not irked, for a few reasons. new
      #299292 - 02/07/07 06:54 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Quote:

Today for lunch I had 4 slices of pizza--and have had NO stomach pain.

I don't think that this is saying you can take acacia and then suddenly be healed and eat all the pizza you want. To me, all this says is that this one person was able to get away with eating pizza this one time. And no one knows how s/he felt later that night or the next day or two. As we all know, the severity of IBS symptoms fluctuates over time. Sometimes you can get away with cheating, sometimes you can't. So it's best not to cheat.

I also think that the purpose of this letter was to a) give people a little hope, and b) let people know how effective acacia fiber can be when people find the correct dosage for themselves.

I eat pizza all the time. I just use soy cheese and organic sauce w/ no HFCS. Tastes good to me and I never find myself saying "I wish I could eat pizza," because I eat it all the time.

I think this person just wanted to say thank you to Heather and Heather shared that story for the same reason she shares all the other ones: To let people know that they don't have to submit to living with a lifetime of pain. It takes a long time to figure out how your body works and to find the right way to treat your specific case of IBS. But it is so worth the effort.

I'm curious, how long did you take the acacia for and how much were you taking?

Things will get better. As long as you don't give up, you haven't failed. Hang in there.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#299343 - 02/08/07 12:26 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I was pretty jealous! I tried Acacia too...and was so hopeful. I can't seem to handle any SFS.

Do you use Benefiber?

My body's reaction to food is similar to yours.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 392 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 907

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review