All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and need to lose weight? Is there anyone else like me?
      #299198 - 02/07/07 09:05 AM
feelingood

Reged: 08/08/04

I have followed Heather's eating plan off and on (lately--more off) for several years. The better I eat, the better I feel--no surprise there. However, the better I feel--I cheat and eat the wrong things and eat too much and consequently I am overweight again and my stomach is starting to get bad again. Does anyone else do this? I dont understand why I sabatoage myself. Please help.
Melissa

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS and need to lose weight? Is there anyone else like me? new
      #299254 - 02/07/07 02:44 PM
wendyc

Reged: 03/20/06
Loc: Florida

OMG! Can I ever relate. I also need to lose weight (not much - maybe 25 lbs). When I try to "diet" (ie: eating more fruits and veggies) I feel "sick". I know the rule to eat SF before eating fruits and veggies but when you're counting points or whatever you want to spend as few points as possible at each meal! I tried the 6 wk body makevoer and have been miserable for about 3 wks trying to get my stomach back together. Of course, I had to go off that diet bc of my IBS-D, now who knows what to do? I know I have to focus on my stomach health before all else. My plan? Get well - then try to lose weight. I sabotage myself all the time. I have a small pc of cheesecake (of all things!!) today bc I just couldn't resist. People like me who already have an unhealthy relationship with food mentally are double challenged when confronted with an unhealthy eating relationship with food physically. Hang in there.

--------------------
IBS-D, Acid Reflux, ???

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3769 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 333

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review