All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Apple with peel as a snack? new
      #299231 - 02/07/07 12:13 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

You can eat this without eating any SF with it?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Apple with peel as a snack? new
      #299233 - 02/07/07 12:17 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

The inside of the apple (everything but the peel) is the SF part. The peel is IF. So yeah, should be safe! I have no problem eating apples on an empty stomach; but I don't have fructose sensitivity either.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: No problem! new
      #299235 - 02/07/07 12:21 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Oh, certainly, I recommend Natural Calm. I understand that the taste issue is extremely personal... I don't want anyone to miss out on something as good as this just because I have a weird taste...

I am glad you like it.

Re: Apple with peel as a snack? new
      #299238 - 02/07/07 12:27 PM
Jeio

Yup. I was avoiding them, but found I can do that

I tend to eat half apples, though, because the ones over here are huge and I can't handle a whole apple (I get nauseated, it's too much sweet stuff). Don't know if that matters... maybe if I had smaller apples I would be able to eat them whole.

Jordy, I seem to do fine with little SF and lots of IF. I only take 1 T acacia daily (three times a day a teaspoon a serving) and eat oatmeal (IF:SF = 1:1) in the morning... Thus, apples with peel should be OK for me. I don't have fructose sensitivity either.

Re: I'ts me again just a few more questions PLEASE! new
      #299282 - 02/07/07 06:17 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

First of all let me say what a HUGE help you all have been this means more to me than you''ll ever know. God bless you all I do have a few more questions please just bear with me a little more! Ok What kind of SFF a pill or a power and how often do I take it and how much?
How would i cut back on rice and pots? I 'm confusees on that how would i get my sf? I am so tired of chicken and turkey:p but what do i do spices don't like me at all.
Can I have a snack with out a SF?
If anyone has anymore input on meal ideas or breakfeast or
snacks or anything else that would be helpful I would love them thanks again so much! emmasmom
IBS-C gas! gas! cramps & more gas!

#299302 - 02/08/07 05:11 AM
Jeio

For the SFS: Well, most people like Acacia. I like it too. You can buy it from Heather's store or from Amazon.com. You start with a very low dose, like 1/4 teaspoon I think, and work your way up... That means that you take that dose for acouple of days while your body adjusts, then take 1/2 teaspoon, etc.

The pills are convenient for when you're on the go, i.e. at work and you don't want people to see you mixing some kind of white powder in your food, LOL. Fibercon is an example of a pill form SFS.

If you do want to cut back on the rice and potatoes, have you tried sweet potatoes and squash? I don't know exactly why you are trying to cut back on them, do you have to lose weight? If not, don't cut on them, rather add IF to your diet.

Snacks -- no, you need SF. Good snacks are baby food, bananas, apples, applesauce cups (those Mot's flavored ones are cool), toast with a little jam and almond butter.

I think the best meals are also the easiest ones. The less ingredients the more sure you are you won't react to them.

Try making meals with things like:
SF base: rice, potatoes, squash, eggplant, quinoa or pasta
with
IF things: onions, celery, peas, corn, peppers, tomatoes

Try fish too. You don't have to stick only to chicken and turkey, there's also fish and seafood (if you like it, yuck). They are usually safe. If unsure, search the boards or ask.

So, what I do is I "saute" some vegies in a little cooking spray and water (that means I try to fry them in water, LOL), until they are tender, add the SF base and some spices if I feel like it (salt, soy sauce, things like that). I also use brown rice and seem to tolerate it fine. You can also try that, you are a C, right? The IF in brown rice will be good for you and it is one of the least bothering whole grains.

Seriously, though, get a SFS. It works wonders.

#299379 - 02/08/07 04:05 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

She is not getting enough IF for an IBS-C, and she's eating a lot of rice and potatoes and is too full to add more things to eat. Is that right emmasmom?
I suggested cutting back a bit on the rice and potatoes. Not take them out completely, but reduce the amount a bit, so she can add more IF.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1119 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3722

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review