All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: I'm Back with more questions! new
      #299158 - 02/06/07 06:57 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Hi Thank you everyone who help me with this I do have more questions and iwould appericate all the help I can get ok here it goes
I do not take a SFF to afraid and can I do this trying to get prego and on vitamins?
What is MAgensium Citrate?
I don't know if i get engouh "IF" or not I try to add in some green beans or peas at super and of a moring I have been blending soem peaches and strwberrys and drinking that. But thats it how do you add more into with all the pot and rice and bread that you have to eat! Snacks are the worse how do I put a "IF" in there? I don't do well at all with beans! I am at a loss with this I have read the book and still confussed. Could someone give me examples of how they put "IF" in there routine! Any advice would be great I am ready to try anything! PLEASE!!! Keep it coming! Thanks again! Emmasmom
IBS C & GAS! GAS!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I am at the end of my rope! HELP!-Jeio new
      #299159 - 02/06/07 07:18 PM
neves4

Reged: 04/30/06
Loc: Redding, CA

So..you guys can take products with Citrate? I have found that Citrate bothers my stomach. At least that's the product my doc found that has been known to irritate stomachs sometimes. But...more feedback on this would be good. Thanks. Oh and it's been a long time since I have been on here. Hope everyone is well!

#299163 - 02/06/07 07:46 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Using a fibre supplement is safe while trying to get pregnant and on vitamins.
I don't think you're getting enough IF for someone who is C. Although you need a SF base when you eat, is it possible you're eating too much? Would you be able to scale back a bit on the rice, potatoes, and bread and increase your vegetables?
For snacks, you can try having an apple, 1/2 cup of pineapple, or some kind of other fruit.
Have you tried Heather's fennel tea for your gas?

#299171 - 02/07/07 03:00 AM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

I agree with Gracie. I'm C and pregnant. Doc said taking fiber is perfectly safe. I use Benefiber and it's been fine. I know you're scared to try it but not trying it doesn't seem to be working for you either, does it? I was very nervous adding anything to my diet after the initial stages but you HAVE to incorporate more IF into your diet as a C'er or you'll never feel better.

Good luck!

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

#299194 - 02/07/07 08:56 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

An SFS is like food. You can get all that fiber by eating TONS of potatoes, rice, pasta, etc (well, large quantities anyway). You wouldn't think eating lots of rice would affect your pregnancy, would you? Think of the the SFS as of a food. Yes some people have food alergies, that's true, but I think acacia alergies are pretty rare (at least rare on thie board).

Magnesium Citrate is a very gentle laxative that, unlike Miralax (a prescription laxative) does NOT cause gas. It's cool.

You say you have gas. Of the SF things rice is known to cause the least gas (well, they all cause very little gas, but rice causes the least).

How I put IF in my routine? Well...

Breakfast: Oatmeal (it has IF as much as SF)
Snack: Apple with peel
Lunch/Dinner: soup or entree with a SF base with some vegies such as small amounts of peas, onions, celery, roasted peppers (Yay), mushrooms.

The SF/IF dance involves the fact that you need IF to go. IF, however causes cramps, so you take SF with it to buffer it. For C-ers, we need more IF than most people, so we also need more SF to buffer it. So we either need to eat ENORMOUS amounts of rice/potatoes/sf vegies (enormous, really, you don't want to do that), or take a SFS with our food to help us eat our IF. That's why an SFS is so important. Because without it we can't get the IF we need to go regularly... unless we are up for the pain IF would cause alone.

I strongly urge you to get some kind of SFS, whether acacia or some other kind. I find acacia good, because it is tasteless and odorless. I hated metamucil (and it's bad for us too, because it has IF in it) for the taste, Fibercon was in gigantic horse pills... I haven't tried other kinds, since I found acacia pretty early.

Re: I am at the end of my rope! HELP!-Jeio new
      #299196 - 02/07/07 08:58 AM
Jeio

What kind of Citrate was that? I don't think you could have had "just citrate"... What was the first part of what you were taking?

CORRECTION regarding Natural Calm... new
      #299204 - 02/07/07 10:35 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Quote:

Natural Calm is Magnesium Citrate with Stevia and artificial flavors.

Jeio - I've noticed you've posted this several times. This is not true. Perhaps the flavored varieties contain artificial flavors and sweeteners, but the original Natural Calm contains neither. You can check out the product literature on the Natural Calm website.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#299208 - 02/07/07 10:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Add some IF to your diet by pureeing those veggies that are difficult for you right now. Try soups and bean dips. Smoothies are a great way to get your fruit!

EXERCISE! If I go more than a day without exercising, boy do I feel it; I end up with C the next day, no matter what. Exercise is extremely important for C-ers, so do something every day.

SFS: Acacia WILL help!

Beano: I take four Beano pills before any meal that contains beans or veggies.

Hypnosis: The self-hypnosis program for IBS is WONDERFUL! Give it a shot! What have you got to lose?

Good luck...

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: CORRECTION regarding Natural Calm... new
      #299220 - 02/07/07 11:23 AM
Jeio

Oops, I appologise. Thank you Lisa Marie.

Well it tastes bad anyway, LOL And the sweetener in the "flavored" one I also tried (orange) is Stevia, so it's IBS safe (but still tastes bad, to me, LOL)...

Also, it sais the flavors are natural rather than artificial. I appologise for that too... my mistake. They are just flavors, so very small quantities, but still, maybe someone cares if they are artificial or natural.

Thanks, Lisa Marie I am sorry, everyone. I hope noone got missled, I was just trying to help...

No problem! new
      #299229 - 02/07/07 12:09 PM
Lisa Marie

Just trying to avoid confusion. I wouldn't want someone to avoid trying Natural Calm because they think it contains something artificial.

So sorry you don't like the taste of it! I find it quite tasty.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2409 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3723

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review