All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Nausea new
      #299590 - 02/12/07 06:05 AM
DianeM

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: Kentucky

Thanks Jeio. I took 1/2 tsp the night before last and 3/4 tsp last night and had a good BM this morning - no D, but I am feeling pretty nauseous. I felt a little nauseous yesterday afternoon, and have been feeling that way all morning. Am I taking too much? I am also taking a tsp of Acacia (in separate doses) and one peppermint cap a day. Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Spoke too soon about D new
      #299592 - 02/12/07 07:24 AM
DianeM

Yes, spoke too soon - I just had a little D. Is this the sign that I took too much?

Re: Spoke too soon about D new
      #299609 - 02/12/07 09:55 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Yeah, most probably. It always depends on what you ate during the day, which is why I took one of two doses -- 2 or 2.5 fl oz (depending on what I ate).

Try to cut back on it a little and see what happens. You'll figure it out

The nausea, well, I don't remember having nausea that I would associate with mag citrate. I only take it right before bed... Bear in mind, however, that I get nauseated very very easily and usually there's another reason for that -- riding in an elevator, a car, a train, someone wearing perfume I have to spend time with, etc. I could have had nausea initially, and just assumed I got sick because I stood up too quickly, or because of a smell, or whatever.

Just try a lower dose and see, if you're a little C, then it's inbetween.

Re: Nausea new
      #299611 - 02/12/07 09:58 AM
Jeio

Oh, and btw, the peppermint caps make me nauseous too...

#299627 - 02/12/07 12:08 PM
DianeM

Thanks again Jeio. I will cut back - a lot. My little D turned into a lot of D, so evidently that dose was way too high for me. I'm eating the same things I've been eating for a while, while trying to stabilize, such as oatmeal with blueberries, sweet potatoes, white rice, mashed peas or green beans, peaches and baked chicken breasts.

Re: Natural Calm ? new
      #299641 - 02/12/07 01:40 PM
Jennifer86

Reged: 01/01/07
Loc: UK

Quote:

Jennifer86 - hi, I live in the UK too, and Natural Calm doesn't seem to be available over here. However, a nutritionist I consulted last summer recommended that I take Lamberts MagAsorb (available from various sites online). It is magnesium citrate in (big!) tablet form. Each tablet provides 150mg of magnesium. The nutritionist told me to take it at night before bed to help with constipation. (The directions on the pot say to take 1 to 3 tablets daily with a meal.) I have been taking 2 tablets, upping to 3 if I need extra help, every night. (I also take Acacia SF.) It works well and I think helps with relaxation. You may want to start with one tablet and increase if needed.I also take a calcium supplement with my evening meal, as the two minerals balance each other. Hope that helps.

Thank you ever so much Rio, that's really helpful info. I'll look online for Lamberts MagAsorb now. Does it take a while to work or do you get results within the next day or so?

Thanks again.

#299642 - 02/12/07 01:54 PM
Jeio

Yeah, if the mag citrate is the only new thing, then it must be too much... Try taking less. I needed a bunch of days to figure out what will work for me. I was usually taking too little, so I was still being C, but one time, I tried 4 fl oz and I god D too... it kind of felt nice, though, because it was easy to go to the bathroom, LOL (I was so used to having a hard time in there...)

Anyway, magnesium is good for you so don't fear experimenting with the dosage

#299666 - 02/12/07 04:16 PM
cacao

Reged: 01/19/07

lol was the D instantaneous?

#299667 - 02/12/07 04:26 PM
DianeM

Good gracious - I didn't work today and was out running errands. I was about to go into a bank, and had to jump back into my car and go back home. Very bad case. Ever once in a while I don't make it to the bathroom in time - this was one of those times. It lasted for a couple of hours, and I finally took some Immodium, which I had never used before. Seemed to work for me - glad I found the info about it on this board! You just have to laugh about these incidents - there's not much else you can do about them.

#299679 - 02/12/07 06:57 PM
Jeio

Seriously, are you OK now?

Maybe go back to 1/4 teaspoon or what the first dose had been? And increase to 1/3 or something like that?

--J

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 365 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9837

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review