All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Zanex?
      #298688 - 02/01/07 08:54 PM
Kelly5

Reged: 10/27/06
Loc: ILLINOIS

I have explained that I am going to Vegas for my birthday. I have trouble flying. I asked my doctor for something and they prescribed me Zanex(may be misspelled). I haven't picked it up yet. Has anyone had this? I thought it sounded harsh for a flight. What are the IBS side affects from this? My husband and I really need this time and I don't want to be sick from a med that I took to not get sick. Any help appreciated. Thanks Namaste'

--------------------
KELLY

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Zanex? new
      #298805 - 02/03/07 12:59 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

My husband does not have IBS and he always takes Zanex when flying. Yet his stomach is fine so I can't really say how you would react. I would suggest taking 1/2 pill on a regular day when you are home before the flight to see how you react. Make sure you don't have to go anywhere just in case. I take Klonopin for my flights and it just calms me...no IBS reaction. I hope it works for you.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#298859 - 02/04/07 08:50 AM
scigal

Reged: 06/20/06
Loc: Texas

My IBS is very sensitive to anxiety and I have been taking Xanax daily for several months and it has not given me any problems at all. I would agree that you should try it at home first so you will know how it affects you so you will not be anxious about the med and the flight. Good luck to you. Vegas is a great trip.

Christy

#298933 - 02/05/07 07:49 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

I also have severe anxiety that makes my IBS worse so I take a daily Xanax and have no problem. I have flew before and when I do I take one on the way to the airport and , if necessary, take one later on the plane. This is with my doctors approval and basically I just sleep throughout the whole flight.

#299108 - 02/06/07 11:45 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I take it on an as-needed basis, and I'm considering taking it for my flight this weekend, actually. It does not affect my IBS at all; just makes me really sleepy! Definitely try it out at home beforehand on a day where you don't have to do much.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Thank you Everyone! new
      #300367 - 02/20/07 09:45 PM
Kelly5

Reged: 10/27/06
Loc: ILLINOIS

My trip was great and the med. helped so much on the plane. I couldn't take that everyday though. I was so tired from 1/2 pill I droped like a log at the end of the day.

--------------------
KELLY

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1055 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3061

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review