All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Worst since Hysterectomy weird pain
      #298462 - 01/30/07 11:08 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I'm am a little over 6 weeks post op from my hysterectomy, in which they left my ovaries and my IBS has been 100X worse, talk about discouraged!!! Then to top it off this past week I had three severe attacks and after one about a week ago I started having this lower left quad pain. It's no my descending colon at my waist where my "normal" pain is, this is lower almost at my pubic bone/ovary area. And the weird thing is it hurts constantly, but not severe, however, when I have some gas rumbling or the intestinal movement of a BM that area starts to hurt so bad I have to double over. It's not a spasm, which I know that feeling, it's a nauseated very severe pinching type feeling. My gyne blew me off......she said she'd get an U/S of my ovary to see if that's it....which I really dont' think it is, since your ovaries usually don't hurt when you have a BM. The part that concerns me is the pain is constant, liveable, but constant and the way it amplifies with a BM....I've lost about 12 pounds since the surgery, one from the diarrhea attacks, but I'm just so afraid to eat anything!!! I know I posted when I was having the hysterectomy and I don't think anyone on here had had one, but any suggestions on the new pain??? I did make an appointment with a new GI guy, but I really don't want a 4th colonoscopy. Does anyone ever have this type of pain? I'm also afraid the only way to see what's wrong inside is a laporoscopy......Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Worst since Hysterectomy weird pain new
      #298493 - 01/30/07 05:29 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm not sure what to tell you, but I am happy you are seeking another opinion. My GI says we're not supposed to lose weight with D attacks. Yeah, right! I'm down 30 lbs!

I sure hope you have an answer soon!

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#298497 - 01/30/07 06:01 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

hi,
i get that sort of pain where my overy area is, i showed my gi where the pain was and he ordered a pelvic ultra-sound. everything was fine with the results. he thinks it's scar tissue from a Ectopic Pregnancy i had and when my colon gets irritated/bloated it presses up against my scar tissue and that gives me the pain from the nerves, if that makes any sence.
i don't know anymore about the dr,'s..i too am going to get another dr. to look at me.

my thoughts and prayers are with you.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#298509 - 01/30/07 07:07 PM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Lt Dan Fan,

Yes, I have had and still have this sort of pain. I'm not exactly sure from your post - did the gyn order an ultrasound? You should get one. Ovaries don't normally hurt, but when influenced by hormones that are out of balance they sure can. Ovaries can swell up and also produce cysts. Both of these things can cause IBS pain to worsen because the bowel touches the part of the ovary that is tender and a bm can obviously cause this to feel even more painful. I have had both of my ovaries enlarge and form cysts. I lost my left ovary 8 years ago when it grew so big that it fell to the pelvic floor (called a torsion). My right ovary continues to cause me pain on a monthly basis around ovulation.

I am not a doctor, but I am wondering if your recent surgery has cause hormones to be "off" enough that your ovaries are enlarging or producing cysts. If your current gyn won't listen, please seek another opinion because I would hate for you to go through a torsion. Words cannot describe how horrible that was. I did almost die. I was so sick and my gyn blew it off too. I ended up in an ER on a Sunday morning. I picked another doctor real quick and had surgery about 1 hour later.

Please see a doctor ASAP and post follow up.

Laura

Re: Worst since Hysterectomy weird pain to: lj new
      #298524 - 01/31/07 05:13 AM
LtDanFan

I am having an pelvic ultrasound today. This pain started a little over a week ago which was like 5weeks post-op from my LAVH. It started right after a horrid IBS attack and I have had the pain constantly everyday, all day and sometimes it keeps me up at nights. It is not at all similiar to my colon spasm, which I am all too familiar with, but I do feel the pain, which I describe as a very tight pinching that is amplified by like 1000 with every BM and when I has some gas rumbling around......It's quite annoying and nauseating. I have found me a new GI doctor also, but I can't get in until the 14th, if it's not my ovary, I don't think I can stand this pain until the 14th. Please tell me more about what happened to you (the torsion) and what exactly it is, you can e-mail me privately @ steensmom@aol.com. I guess I just find it weird that its only with an IBS attack, if I go the the bathroom and it's normal, which is far and few between, that pain does not amplify....So I'm a little scared and worried. I just graduated from college and started looking for a job, but have not found one and in this shape I can't work. I was also a little upset when my ob/gyn did not do an internal exam at my 6 week check up, that is pretty much a given, so I called her office and one of the nurses is going to get me in with another doctor, it's really for peace of mind that everything is healing okay, and I don't want to be with my husband if there are places that haven't healed yet.....you think as an doctor she would know this!!! I'm just worried about more surgery and another colonoscopy, I'm kind of back in the colostomy mind frame, in between the tearful days!! Did you have this pain after a hysterectomy and how long have you had it? Thanks for your post.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

Re: Worst since Hysterectomy weird pain/sunspots new
      #298528 - 01/31/07 05:49 AM
LtDanFan

I could totally understand if it is my ovary, but why now and not before, I guess cause it's closer to my intestinal tract now? Is your pain constant or only when you have a bad BM. My pain is constant, bending, stretching, laying on my left side...it's always there, but the gruelling pain starts with a BAD IBS attack.....I'm so frustrated, can't anyone fix me

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2626 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3695

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review