All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
problem with antibiotics
      #298082 - 01/25/07 03:46 PM
wbeagle504

Reged: 11/18/06

I have had a terrible sinus & ear infection for about 2 weeks now. I first got a 5 day round of Levaquin, the dr thought this wouldn't flare my IBS, which it did. About 3-4 hours each night after taking the med, I had terrible D and cramping. My husband was out of town at the same time, so I just thought I was anxious that he was gone, never thought it was the meds, keeping me up all night. After several days after finishing the first round, I started to have the infection symptoms again, so I called the dr this past Friday and he called in another refill. Well I didn't start taking them again until Monday, the first day bothered me about 2-3 hours after taking it, queasy, quite crampy and some D. Well on Tuesday, it hit me worse than it has, ended up going home from work and just feeling very sick. I ended up going to the dr yesterday and he gave me a shot of Keflex and told me to start Zpak (zithromax) tonight. Anyone had any luck with antibiotics that didn't flare you? Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

All antibiotics give me trouble. I've yet to find one that doesn't. n/t new
      #298108 - 01/25/07 07:23 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

amoxicillin new
      #298154 - 01/26/07 11:32 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

This works best for me.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: problem with antibiotics new
      #298214 - 01/26/07 09:59 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i have always been given erythromycin, since amoxicillan doesn't work on me at all, the erythro will make you feel a bit icky, i suspect all antibiotics will, but take probiotics during and after and you should feel it a lot less.

#298264 - 01/27/07 12:41 PM
wbeagle504

Reged: 11/18/06

thanks for the info, I hadn't thought about the probiotics. So far the Zithromax seems to be working better this time. It's been about a year since I was given that prescription.

#298284 - 01/27/07 04:36 PM
Passanie

Reged: 04/28/04
Loc: Fresno, CA

All antibiotics are not good for the same conditions, so it's hard to know what would work for you. You should definitely call your doctor and try a new one. I think I once went through 3 or 4 kinds before I found on that didn't bother me. There's no reason you should be living like this.

Also, try the liquid probiotics they sell in little single-serving barrels. That's probably the highest concentration of the stuff and it has really helped me. I get it at Whole Foods. It's pricey, but worth it. Good luck!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3514 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1351

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review