All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My new best friend....
      #297937 - 01/24/07 03:29 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

The Vita-Mix . It is absolutely amazing!! If you don't have it, you should consider getting it. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but it is completely worth it. It comes with a cookbook that has recipes for Appetizers, Beverages, Soups, Sauces, Fondues, Salad Dressings, Syrups and Batters, Pureed Foods, and Desserts! And most of the recipes are IBS friendly, and the ones that aren't are EASILY adaptable. Many of the recipes use tofu and/or soy milk, and there are recipes for your own Soy Milk, and some for non dairy icecream.

Another wonderful discovery that goes along with the Vita-Mix but can be used with anything is Whole Nectar Ultimate Soy Protein Smoothie Mix . It is a taste-less protein powder you can use in smoothies, soups, anything. Very cool.

Just thought I'd share this new and wonderful find

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My new best friend.... new
      #297960 - 01/24/07 06:10 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Is it a food processor to cut veggies? Or a blender?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#297962 - 01/24/07 06:49 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

this is something to blend foods? lol i thought it was a vitamin mix at first! little out of my price range..but good find. ive heard good things about making food purees as well as making fresh juices! if you're in the market to find a good juicer...juicing fresh green granny apples is supposed to be good for the ibs. see ya!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#297966 - 01/24/07 07:09 PM
oldestofseven

Both,,,, you can use it to cut veggies, cheese, nuts, anything. Or you can use it as a blender to make anything from soups to icecreams and sorbets. We made a soup and icecream in 10 minutes, including cleaning the machine between recipes. I'm going to post some of the recipes on the Recipe Exchange. It is a bit expensive, but my mom payed for half of it Haha working as a waitress didn't end up with a large enough paycheck to buy it by myself lol. But for those of you who can afford it, seriously look into it, it's a very good way to get Soluble and Insoluble Fibers together in a wonderful meal. Haha I hope I don't sound like I'm trying to sell this, I don't work for them honest

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#298318 - 01/28/07 06:31 AM
oldestofseven

That's cool, about the granny smith apples, I didn't know that. I'll definitely have to try that! Thanks

--------------------

#298339 - 01/28/07 11:28 AM
tummalarkey

Reged: 09/05/06

I've never heard that juice from granny smith apples was good for IBS. I would double check this. Has anyone else heard that?

--------------------
Courtney (IBS-D)
"Do your part to live in peace with everyone, as much as possible." Romans 12:18

Homemade apple juice for C new
      #298346 - 01/28/07 01:41 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Here's the original post. apple juice for C

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1487 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1192

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review