All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
dramamine/gravol
      #297766 - 01/23/07 04:39 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I believe dramamine is the same thing as gravol and I took some (2 pills) along with the Lexapro I just started b/c I was very nauseous. It kept the nausea at bay but I felt so out of it...kind of dizzy/weird thing going on in my head. So I reduced it to 1 pill the next night and it wasn't too bad. Today I am still feeling nauseous and I am wondering whether it was the dramamine or the lexapro itself that was causing that weird feeling. I'd like to take dramamine again to keep the nausea at bay but I don't want it to wack me out either (I have a big day tomorrow). For those of you who have used it, does this sound familiar or was it just probably the lexapro adjustment? Thanks.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Maybe the combination of the two? new
      #297769 - 01/23/07 05:01 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You can call just about any pharmacy and talk with a head pharmacist and they can answer questions like that.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: dramamine/gravol new
      #297785 - 01/23/07 06:12 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I actually use Gravol to help me sleep on long car/plane rides. The Gravol bottle I have says it can cause drowsiness and you shouldn't operate machinery while taking it (ie: don't drive).

When I want to be awake and not get nauseous I use Gravol Ginger tablets which don't make you drowsy as it is just ginger. Maybe look for ginger tablets or try ginger tea if you are feeling nauseous.

--------------------
Kat

Re: Maybe the combination of the two? new
      #297798 - 01/23/07 06:34 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

gravol makes me really tired, as in my eyelids start to close on their own, but i am really sensitive to medications, as K2 said, ginger tablets, pills, candied or tea are great ideas, so is nux vomica, which is the homeopathic help for nausea.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 361 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3293

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review