All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Acacia FIber
      #297747 - 01/23/07 01:32 PM
krasj

Reged: 01/23/07
Loc: New Hampshire, USA

I just started taking the acacia fiber supplement a few days ago. I am currently taking the recommended minimum to start. Today I had a bowel movement that came out green. I am still not sure if I have IBS but thought I would try to see if these techniques worked. I am concerned that the Acacia is not agreeing with me. Any input would be helpful.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Any other symptoms? new
      #297771 - 01/23/07 05:06 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If it's just the color, I wouldn't worry. Sometimes, it's just green. Pretty common. Some people do have allergic reactions to Acacia. Are their any other symptoms to speak of since you started the Acacia?

Also, are you having proper testing done to diagnose IBS?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Any other symptoms? new
      #297781 - 01/23/07 05:52 PM
krasj

Reged: 01/23/07
Loc: New Hampshire, USA

Thanks again for another response! This is the second thread of mine that you have responded to. It is very much appreciated.

After the event I had severe nausea to the point where I felt like I was going to pass out. It was very bizarre. The doctors have performed all of the usual tests (colonoscopy, endoscopy, etc) but they are stumped and don't feel as if I fit into the "norm" for IBS. They are asking me to have another CT scan as I have not had one after the gallbladder surgery as of yet. They also want me to have a test for Addison's disease (sp?). I feel like the doctors are doing everything that they can. The other weird thing is that both my sisters are having similar problems. The doctors seem that it would also be weird to have three children from the same parents all having IBS. Any thoughts?

Re: Any other symptoms? new
      #297815 - 01/23/07 08:50 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

If it is IBS, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that several members of the same family have it. My sister, mother, aunt, and a cousin of mine all have IBS symptoms, but unfortunately, none of them will go have the proper testing done to confirm it. I vaguely recall an article or two talking about IBS and genetics. There might be something in the research library about it. How long have you and your sisters been having similar symptoms (sorry if you've already mentioned that)? Is it possible that you were all exposed to something external that caused these symptoms? Maybe a shot in the dark, but hey, you never know.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2328 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 653

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review