All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Alternatives to Citrucel for Health and Pregnancy Concerns-Help please!
      #297390 - 01/20/07 08:09 AM
christie71

Reged: 01/20/07

Has anyone been told by their dr. that citrucel is the only way to go and has been able to transition to an alternative s.f.? I have IBS-C, and have been severely constipated my whole life. My GI determined it is spastic colon, and told me I will be taking Citrucel for the rest of my life.
The problem I am struggling with is that I am now up to 8scoops/day and am not comfortable at all with the amount of chemical sweetener (not to mention calories) I am ingesting. I also am trying to get pregnant which is another concern related to the aspartame.
My dr. is unwilling to discuss any other avenues so I am totally frustrated. Not to mention that I have yet to see if my new dose will actually work.
I am curious about possibly transitioning to Acacia...or anything.
Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Alternatives to Citrucel for Health and Pregnancy Concerns-Help please! new
      #297392 - 01/20/07 08:15 AM
craftymeg

Reged: 07/07/06
Loc: Newfoundland, Canada

I highly recommend the Acacia. It works so much better for me than the Benefiber I was taking in the beginning and it's just pure soluble fiber which is totally natural and necessary. Not to mention even with shipping, it is cheaper for me to buy per month than benefiber. There also no sweeteners added ( aspartame in citrucel can be an IBS trigger as well as being artificial with some possible side effects, it's a bit of an unknown entity that I would also avoid if trying to become pregnant too) I usually dissolve it in my oatmeal in the morning or my teas and I don't even know I am taking a supplement. It's fantastic! Good luck to you on trying for that baby!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 857 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3130

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review