All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
DIARRHEA OR CONSTIPATION
      #297382 - 01/20/07 06:28 AM
pieta8

Reged: 05/10/06

iT SEEMS LIKE MOST OF THE POSTS ARE DISCUSSING D- SO HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE W/ C DOING W/ THIS DIET- AND THE GAS THAT GOES ALONG W/ IT. I HAVE FOLLOWED THIS DIET TO THE T.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: DIARRHEA OR CONSTIPATION new
      #297388 - 01/20/07 07:42 AM
ECM

Reged: 08/23/06
Loc: Jasper, GA

I am IBS-C. I follow the diet to a T also, but am still bothered with pain. I have a BM every morning ( pre-diet & hypno tapes, I only had a BM once a week and that was with the help of a laxative), and have no pain in the Morning, but by afternoon the gas is starting to build up. Before the diet & Hypno tapes my pain was an 8 on a scale of 1-10 all the time. Now it is between a 2-5, which I can manage although frustrating at times. I have followed all the suggestions for pain relief but to no avail. I plan on starting the Hypno tapes again in February because stress is a MAJOR part of my life. I hold everything in. I feel that until I learn to manage my stress and deal with it in a healthy way that I will have some amount of pain. Remember, everyone is different and you should try all suggestions until you find one that works for you,

Snookie, IBS-C

--------------------
Snookie, IBS-C

#297547 - 01/21/07 04:49 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I'm sorry, I'm not c but the advice people have given me for when I feel c (I'm more IBS-D but A sometimes too now with the acacia) is to exercise, do sit-ups, drink lots of water, eat more IF (safely though with sf but higher the ratio maybe), and eat smaller meals. Hope that helps.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#297578 - 01/21/07 08:17 PM
time

Reged: 01/20/07

It is pretty bad..I am a C..and I really wish I could just take boxes of laxatives to feel better...I even get headaches just thinking about it!
Thanks for the support!
Newbee..me, Time

#297579 - 01/21/07 08:38 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

i 'm C too it's bad...newbee here too..trying to get this under control is so hard. i wish i had my old life back.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#297594 - 01/22/07 05:21 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I am C and stable, thanks to the diet!

I LOVE it. It's hard in the beginning, but it pays!

What I did in short:
1) started on the BTC and stayed on it for awhile (I didn't even know about the diet back then, I was just doing whatever my best friend told me and she had the same idea as Heather). I stayed on it for like 4-5 weeks (more than recommended). I was really C by then, but was taking laxatives.

2) Introduced some IF, super super slow (I was sooo scared, you can't imagine. The pain had been driving me CRAZY.

3)I found about Mag Citrate (Natural Calm) and started taking it. Took all the anxiety away and wasn't as gassy as Miralax

4) Introduced more IF

5) Reintroduced dairy

6) Been stable for awhile now (like 2 months, wow, when I think about it, that's a lot!)

If you have gas, what kind of food do you eat? What kind of IF in particular? What SFS do you take?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1634 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1059

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review