All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Question about safe chips--help
      #297221 - 01/18/07 06:57 PM
puddleglum

Reged: 01/11/07

What kind of tostitos are safe? I use to buy the Lays baked tostitos, but there is no store near here with them anymore. I sometimes can fild guiltless gourmet, but are there anymore that are safe?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about safe chips--help new
      #297223 - 01/18/07 07:06 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

Utz makes a baked corn chip. They have 16.7% calories from fat. I've never had trouble with them.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

#297231 - 01/18/07 08:38 PM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I eat Baked Tostitos, but if they don't have Baked Lays, they may not carry those either. I also eat Soy Crisps. BBQ is my favorite flavor. They look kind of like mini rice cakes, but I think they're a lot better!

I always eat things like this only as a side item with a safe meal... not on an empty stomach. The Guiltless Gourmet may be low enough in fat to eat without other SF, but I don't think they taste very good without something to dip them in and cover up their blah flavor.

#297259 - 01/19/07 07:17 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Have your store ask the Frito Lay vendor to bring in baked tostitos. That is a common request and should be satisfied. Then buy them at that store so they keep bringing them in. Also ask because they may just have moved them. At our store the baked products are all together and not by the other similar chips.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#297335 - 01/19/07 04:31 PM
puddleglum

the store carries the baked lays chips, but not the baked lays tostitos. They have a chip the the brand name is tostitos, and they say baked, but I wasn't sure if it would be as safe as the baked lays tostiotos.

#297642 - 01/22/07 12:36 PM
Julie E

It would not say Lay's on the packaging. Tostitos is the brand name. Both Lay's and Tostitos are owned by Frito-Lay, so the packaging for their baked chips are similar. Here is a link for Baked Tostitos. Baked Tostitos

#297657 - 01/22/07 02:06 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

3 grams of fat is still okay?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#297665 - 01/22/07 03:19 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's why I buy the Guiltless Gourmet ones; less fat! Only 2 grams I think. And there are lots of flavors. I love the Chili Verde and Chili Lime flavors!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#297680 - 01/22/07 04:34 PM
puddleglum

WEll I went to the store yesterday and there they were, the baked tostitos scoops. I used to buy the triangl ones and those they do not carry anymore. I waas so excited thet they have brought something baked back to the store that I had to get them and will probably but lots more to stock up soon. Thanks for the help.

Re: Fat content new
      #297689 - 01/22/07 07:12 PM
Julie E

You're right, the new baked tostitos do have a higher fat content, but they are delicious! I've tried Guiltless Gourmet and a couple of others, and they don't even compare. They are borderline for the max recommended fat content, so I usually only eat them as a small side item with a high-SF, low-fat meal.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1357 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1937

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review