All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Cruise new
      #29944 - 12/03/03 05:53 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

I just wanted to say don't stress about the cruise they are WONDERFUL!!! When you get there the first night tell them what you like for dinner. For ex. tell them every night you need some type of rice/potatoe with out butter and veg. with out etc. and they will make sure you have it! have a great time! Also I've found that when I'm on vacation I am so relaxed that I have almost no problems and I can't eat more of what I want (you'll have to see for yourself, also the last time I was on a cruise was before I found this diet!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Actually... new
      #29945 - 12/03/03 05:56 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

Your early morning urges sound pretty normal. It is probably just the fiber working and your body getting back on track.... I wouldn't worry too much. Better to have urges than none at all, right?

As always, exercise, lots of water, hot tea first thing in the a.m., and Jarodophilus EPS 3 tablets X 2/day are my suggestion for good poops... and keep sipping that peppermint tea all day. )

You will get through this... urges and little poops lead to urges and big poops... remember the days when you had no urges...?

) GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: Early morning urges new
      #29950 - 12/03/03 07:06 PM
portia

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: Hawaii (The North Shore of Oahu)

Thanks Jules. It's nice to know there are others out there dealing with this waking up problem. If you find a solution, please let me know. I'd love to sleep in, especially since we're going to be on vacation.

Re: Actually... new
      #29954 - 12/03/03 07:29 PM
portia

Reged: 12/02/03
Loc: Hawaii (The North Shore of Oahu)

Thanks Shanna for the ideas and the support. It's so nice to have someone to talk to about these things --

Actually, my problem has been too many urges, probably from treating it with too much of the wrong kind of fiber. Now I'm on the program of soluble fiber, but still find that I have the problem, just not as bad.

The only time I had truly wonderful poops was when I was grinding flax seeds and taking them every day. I may try to add that back into my diet a little at a time when I get home. They have lots of both kinds of fiber, but of course, you have to drink a ton of water too.

I'm not familiar with Jarodophilus EPS, what is it? What does it do? I'll have to look for it at a local healthfood store when I get to San Diego.

Portia

Cruises & urges new
      #29956 - 12/03/03 08:00 PM
Laurel

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Hi Portia,

As for your urges, I think if you ate something small before bed with a Fibercon, it might help. Like a rice cake or bowl of cream of rice. That way, your stomach has soluble fiber in it and doesn't get upset because it's empty early in the morning.

I know firsthand the anxiety before a cruise. My fiancee and I got engaged on one last year and I remember I was worried about it. But, the good things are: there's bathrooms all over the place, and there's alot of different stuff to eat. At the sit down dinners, you have to be careful, but just be to load up on the bread they give you first! Usually they have alot of choices at dinner. I think you will probably even be able to get egg-beaters for breakfast, too. If not, best to pack the oatmeal.

We go to Vegas alot, too, and my stomach always gets nervous before we go! (It's also a 4 hour drive with very few rest stops & towns!!). But, somehow, I always seem to survive!!

Once you are on that ship, I bet you will feel much more relaxed. For me, the anxiety of vacations are half the battle!

Have fun!
Laurel

see post below a/b probiotics -nt- new
      #29966 - 12/03/03 08:23 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

Re: Portia, your answer on Aruba new
      #30085 - 12/04/03 05:19 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

Hi Portia,
The nice thing about Aruba is that it almost never rains so chances are you can do anything outdoors you want to on that island. There is a natural bridge and is beautiful to see, it's a large rock mass over part of the ocean and over millions of years it formed it's own "bridge" and the waves come crashing under this bridge up to the beach. It's pretty cool. Of course the water is beautiful and on the busy side of the island there are practically no waves so it seems like you are swimming in the ocean. The other side of the island is quite deserted. The down side to a very dry climate is that there is not much in greenery to see. I'm sure the cruise will have detailed info on where to go and what to see. It's a very Dutch island with lot of shopping and they have a whole Dutch mini shopping area that has some beautiful buildings. It's a pretty small island. We actually only ate at our hotel (The Allegro) so I wouldn't have to worry about what to order at a restaurant and I was close to my "home base" bathroom. LOL... Email when you get back if you can.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5799 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6035

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review