All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Go my life back after 24 yrs- Glycopyrrolate ( Robinul Forte)
      #296580 - 01/14/07 08:47 PM
RobbieR

Reged: 08/20/06

I've been reading the boards for a while. Long time sufferer ( 24 years- I'm 37 years old) of IBS-D. The only drug I was ever offered by my gastro was Dicyclomine a few years ago. You name the test-I've had it. You name the embarassing situation-I've been in it! One day last May, my gastro was busy so I saw his PA. OH MY GOD! She was a life-saver. She prescribed Glycopyrrolate (AKA Robinul Forte) and I have a life again. At first it made me sleepy (especially if I had a beer or wine with it on a Friday night)so I stopped taking it. However, in July I was having D everyday, non-stop, everything made me sick. It ruined yet ANOTHER vacation. 2 hours in Taco Bell bathroom on I5...not fun! ( and I didn't eat there!) At the end of August with school starting soon ( I teach) I grabbed the bottle of pills, cut out coffee, tea, meat, etc. Within 2 days, I was feeling "normal." I have had only 2 "episodes" since the end of August '06 and they were predictable ones I saw coming (bad food/drink choices.) I can now have ANYTHING I want to eat ( EXCEPT really creamy sauces and super spicy) and I can now have a small coffee each morning.

The only negative is that I have gained about 5 pounds since this is the first time since I was 13 that I can EAT!

Please if you haven't tried it, ask your docs about it. I swear, It gave me my life back. No one understands that statement who has not suffered with this illness. 24 years was long enough. I hope someone can be helped by this info.

Robbie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Go my life back after 24 yrs- Glycopyrrolate ( Robinul Forte) new
      #296662 - 01/15/07 11:38 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

My GI doc won't prescribe this med. Is there any controversy with this drug? Maybe it wouldn't be good for me since I am a C?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#296724 - 01/15/07 06:08 PM
RobbieR

Reged: 08/20/06

I don't know of any controversy. I know that it can cause C. In fact, your not suppose to take it if you have had bowel obstruction (which I have and told the doc.) It's just that after 24 years, I don't care...I just wanted to function like a normal human being for once. I posted to see if anyone had had a BAD experience. Not much is written on here or other sits about this drug.

I hope you are doing well.
Robin

#297147 - 01/18/07 12:45 PM
yvette71

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Salem, MA

I had Robinul Forte prescribed for me. As far as I know, there doen't seem to be any controversy that I heard of either. I took some, but the belly aches it gave me were horrendous.
After reading your post I may try and give it another go. It makes me feel a little more optimistic

I miss food...I miss salad....God I miss my coffee and Teechino, turns out, has stuff in it that aggravates my IBS-D big time (who knew it has inulin in it?)::::sigh::::

y.

--------------------
IBS-A (Currently in stuck in heinous IBS-D land)

#297206 - 01/18/07 05:00 PM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Please tell me what inulin does to you.

Re: Inulin new
      #297301 - 01/19/07 10:45 AM
yvette71

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Salem, MA

This is why Acacia will actively help reduce bloating and gas, whereas other types of fiber supplements (particularly psyllium, inulin, and for some folks guar gum as well) can worsen these symptoms.

I pulled this blurb off of this website...for me tummy aches are really bothersome. I'm guessing the inulin in Teechino and in the Probiotics I was taking were making me feel worse.

--------------------
IBS-A (Currently in stuck in heinous IBS-D land)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1570 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11460

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review