Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Susiannah... new
      #297433 - 01/20/07 05:34 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I was just wondering if the AD only bothered your belly in the beginning or does it still bother you now if you don't split it up like that? I am freaking out b/c the whole point of me taking this is to prevent anxiety about bms, not give me more bms and d to be anxious about! Isn't the tummy stuff supposed to go away after your body gets used to it? Do you ever find that the meds sometimes impact negatively on your IBS instead of the other way around? Thanks.

--------------------

Re: atomic rose comments on meds new
      #297440 - 01/20/07 06:45 PM
Pami

Reged: 01/09/07

Casey - I loved reading "I have problems that REQUIRE medication". If it makes you feel better and provides a better quality of life than so be it. I went off lexapro about 2 years ago but am ready to go back. I also take vicodin for compressed discs and pain from neurological symptoms (in MS limbo but may be fibro) - anyway, I hear negative remarks all the time about taking the meds. I am a single parent with a 7 year old daughter - why on earth would I want to feel bad when I can have a better day with less pain? At the moment, I don't care about the long term issues or risk of dependency as I'll deal with that when and if I have to - Right now, I have a life to live for myself and for my daughter.

--------------------
septic hip with birth of daughter - 7/99
hip replacement - 9/03
MS limbo since 5/04
dx IBS
dx compressed L7-8 and T4-5
dx RLS

Re: Susiannah... new
      #297480 - 01/21/07 04:27 AM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

To be honest I've been quite lucky as I've never had any tummy problems from the AD's, but then I have always taken them with a meal so they dont go down on an empty tummy. I'm currently on sertraline (lustral) but I used to take fluoxatine (prozac) but that didn't bother me tummy wise just gave me really vivd dreams and night sweats! My doctor said to take half a tablet twice a day as like you I was scared thay might upset me. All I can say is that even if they do hurt your tum to start with once they take effect you'll probably be less worried about the symptons they cause as they reduce your anxietys. Also you'll probably find yourself more willing to make changes to your diet and lifestyle, I know I did x

Re: Susiannah./Pami new
      #297483 - 01/21/07 06:55 AM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06

Thank you. That's good to know that they don't bother your tummy. I got nervous b/c Atomic Rose said that they upset her stomach but it went away and then I thought maybe they were still bothering you. GREAT NEWS!! I took one last night along with some graham crackers and dramamine and I did not have d or too much nausea. I did awake with my daughter and couldn't go back to sleep and I pretty much feel quite jittery/a little dizzy now and again. I imagine that will go away. I'm nervous about eating today but I am thrilled that I didn't wake up with d! KNOCK ON WOOD. Thanks for sharing your personal story.

And for Pami if you are reading this thread, good for you that you acknowledge meds the same way Atomic Rose does. That's why I decided to give it a whirl...why shouldn't I live the best life I can with my family at such a young age? Good luck to you going back on the Lexapro.

--------------------

Re: atomic rose comments on meds new
      #297499 - 01/21/07 09:00 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

That is beautifully said - thank you for your insight. Debbie IBS-C

Re: Thank you Miso...few more questions new
      #297500 - 01/21/07 09:04 AM
feelinggood

I have cisaplex in my cupboard and it is sitting there staring at me for the reasons you are describing - I am terrified of the side effects - sleepiness, feeling weird, etc. Debbie
IBS_C
I just odn't know what is worse the side effects which I pray would go away or the anxiety which is strangling me and destroying my life.........

Re: take them with food......question new
      #297501 - 01/21/07 09:05 AM
feelinggood

Which med do you take? Debbie IBS_C

Re: Is anyone on cisaplex? new
      #297502 - 01/21/07 09:11 AM
feelinggood

Is anyone on cisaplex? Debbie IBS_C

Re: Susiannah./Pami new
      #297513 - 01/21/07 11:41 AM
susieannah

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: sussex, england

Oh good am so pleased, so far so good. Sometimes you have to just bite the bullet with these things. The nausea should subside fairly quickly and hopefully they'll make the world of difference to you x x

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1813 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16387

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review