All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Susiannah./Pami new
      #297527 - 01/21/07 01:53 PM
Pami

Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: New Jersey

Yes, just stick to it and give it a little more time. Take care and let us know how it works out.

--------------------
septic hip with birth of daughter - 7/99
hip replacement - 9/03
MS limbo since 5/04
dx IBS
dx compressed L7-8 and T4-5
dx RLS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Never heard of Cisaplex. Sorry. Thanks all for your help. n/t new
      #297544 - 01/21/07 04:41 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: Thank you Miso...few more questions new
      #297803 - 01/23/07 06:45 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Sorry to take so long to reply.
I am C, but no longer am, now that i am back on meds and eating well. The AD can help regulate your bowels as it works on seretonin which is in large concentration sin your gut, also i obsess about my stomach far less so i eliminate the evil cycle fo me making things worse on my own.
I take mine with food in the morning and after 2 weeks on it i felt no more side effects stomach or head wise, although it did take me a month to get my sleeping pattern back to normal.
I urge you to just press on and endure the yuck, the potential for feeling better is so worth it.

the name is cipralex new
      #297804 - 01/23/07 06:47 PM
Miso

Cipralex is the canadian and European name for lexapro, they are the exact same drug, escitalopram (spelling i think)
so all that applies to lexapro, applies to Cipralex.

#297905 - 01/24/07 12:07 PM
line415

Thanks Miso. I'm on day 5 of the Lexapro and hanging in there. THANK GOODNESS none of the days have been as bad as the first (see my other post). My tummy actually feels pretty good...a little c/a after the big d from a few days ago but that's probably also b/c I'm not eating too much IF out of fear. I am still feeling nauseaous on and off all day and night. Mostly when my belly is empty. And yes, I am up ALL night practically each hour either sweating or just feeling weird. I haven't switched to taking it in the morning. I feel nervous to do that so I'll wait to see if my body can adjust some more. What percentage would you say it really helps with your anxiety? I am so looking forward to it disappearing but don't want to get my hopes up. I know for me it's half the battle now that I have my diet more under control.

--------------------

LINE new
      #297952 - 01/24/07 05:14 PM
Tinkerbelle

Reged: 04/17/05
Loc: Los Angeles, CA

I would say that the worse is definatly over... and some of what your experiencing sounds like fear of the medication. I think that being naseous and dizzy a little is normal, but I am not sure if your attack was caused more by fear or the meds... I guess we will never know... but hang in there, it sounds like the worse is for sure over... I've heard it's only the first week with side effects. Also, it doesn't matter when you take it in the day, it won't change it's effects or give you more side effects. I think they are meant to be taken in the morning but I'm not sure... they may increase energy a little which could be why you can't sleep? Not sure... I've just always taken them in the morning. Good luck hon!!

#298008 - 01/25/07 07:11 AM
Miso

it helps my anxiety like you wouldn't believe, the year that i was off meds, i was sacred to leave the house, was petrified of public transport and couldn't bring myself to eat at restaurants or try any new foods, my personality was one of fear instead of the outgoing person i normally am, etc.
I am now back to myself, i am still cautious at restaurants, but i don't avoid making plans or going places because i am scared i will feel sick or have to cancel.
Hope that helps, and good for you for sticking to it.

Been off line for awhile... new
      #298499 - 01/30/07 06:07 PM
line415

I haven't been online too much this week so I haven't checked the boards. Thanks for everyone's responses. The update is that I am on day 11 and I called the pharmacist last night b/c I am still feeling a bit nauseous and sleepless (night sweats/then chills). He said give it two full weeks and then re-evaluate. He said the same thing about it not really mattering when you take it...that it will have the same effect, but I think I may switch to the morning if it doesn't get better. I tend to get nauseous when I don't get enough sleep so that could be a contributing factor too. I am sooo looking forward to less anxiety. To top it off, I got my period yesterday and was sooo gassy this week (too much soy I think?). Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement everyone.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1577 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16415

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review