All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-D people and Fibercon
      #295541 - 01/07/07 04:29 PM
yvette71

Reged: 10/04/06
Loc: Salem, MA

Can anyone out there who is IBS-D, can you tell me if you take Fibercon caplets? I wnt to take take them but the whole "laxative" thing imprinted on the bottle is freaking me out. I'm so sad about all this...I feel like I'm losing my mind...Everything is still making my IBS-D go wacko.
I'm going to turn into a banana or a potato if I eat anymore of them. I've elminated oatmeal and it only improved things a little...but I'm still explosive...

I'm sorry...a little rant going on there....can IBS-D people take FiberCon? Or is it just for the IBS-C?

--------------------
IBS-A (Currently in stuck in heinous IBS-D land)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS-D people and Fibercon new
      #295545 - 01/07/07 04:41 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I'm IBS-D and I took Fibercon for only a few weeks before ordering Heather's Acacia. I was VERY nervous too about taking it, but if you read all the advice here, it tells you that Fibercon will help bulk up your stool and absorb the water in your bowel, even though it is marketed as a laxative. It was in the early stages when I took it so all I can say is that I didn't have any worse d. I had less d but I did have a lot of bowel movements. But at least they were more controlled. If you're new to the site, read as much info as you can about the diet and it seems that Acacia has been raved about more than the OTC medicines and I love it for D. (Remember you won't see a huge change in the beginning with any of the SFs though b/c you have to slowly work your way up to taking more and then you will see a difference. Good news for you...apparently d'ers see results sooner than c sufferers.)

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#295567 - 01/07/07 06:51 PM
sophieelisabet

Reged: 01/07/07

I'm IBS-D, and I started taking the Target brand (generic store brand version that's half the price) of Fibercon after visiting Heather's site for the first time. It's totally changed my life. As long as I take four to eight pills of it each day, I'm symptom-free, and I can even eat "bad" foods like ice cream and candy that would otherwise wreak havoc on my system. (I know I probably shouldn't admit that. )

If I know that my diet is going to include "bad" foods (ice cream or pasta, for example, which can be trigger foods for me), I take two pills in the morning, two with lunch and two with dinner. I then try to take two additional pills shortly before eating the "bad" food. If I plan to stick to "safe" foods, I take two in the morning and two with dinner. I'm not sure if it will work for you, but it's worked wonders for me, so you might give it a try.

Because the pills are so inexpensive, convenient and readily available at all Target stores (it's around $5 for 90 pills; I keep a few in my purse and in my desk drawer at work, just in case), I've stuck with the generic Fibercon and have never tried Heather's Acacia or anything else. I'm not sure if the actual name-brand Fibercon is better/the same as the store brand I take. The active ingredients on the packages were identical.

I hope that helps.

Good luck!

#295572 - 01/07/07 08:11 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

All fibre supplements are marketed as laxatives, but they really are not. Laxatives are things like ex-lax, senna, cascara sagrada, etc.

#295586 - 01/08/07 05:39 AM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I'm IBS-C and I took FiberCon, but it's a soluble fiber that helped me. I didn't know that until I told someone about it on the board. I *believe* it would be ok for IBS-D people.

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5346 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3361

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review