All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
symptoms
      #295360 - 01/05/07 12:49 PM
JenniferC

Reged: 01/05/07

I can't seem to find the right message board to post this on and this is my first time every posting on a board. I am just wondering if anyone who has IBS has ever had the one symptom that I can't find discussed anywhere. The first symptom I have of an attack is having the worst smelling burps, sometime they smell like rotten eggs and sometimes even worse than that. Has anyone else ever experienced that????? Please help!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: symptoms new
      #295368 - 01/05/07 01:07 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I've never heard of that being associated with IBS, but maybe someone else has.

Welcome to the boards. It's nice to have you here!

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#295373 - 01/05/07 01:45 PM
JenniferC

Thanks, I finally have to admit after 19 years of suffering that I have an incurable disorder, however, after reading Heather's book I finally have hope for a "normal life"

#295409 - 01/05/07 09:33 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

There is always hope. My IBS went unchecked for years. I've had IBS since around age 12, I've been stable for almost a year and a half, and I'm now 27. For so many years I thought I was the only one. And then I stumbled upon the EFI cookbook. There are a lot of things you can do to get your symptoms under control. Heather's diet of course, a fiber supplement (I use the Acacia fiber), and hypnotherapy are among the most effective. They all help(ed) me enormously.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#295455 - 01/06/07 05:26 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Do you have the other classis IBS symptoms too besides the burping? Have you ever had any tests done? An endoscopy showed that I have gastritis and I suppose GERD could cause some burping if you eat something spicy or irritating. I will get it sometimes if I overeat, but since on this diet, I have really tried to make my meals smaller. Try doing a search for "burping" or "belching" and see what pops up in the last year or so. (Click on search up top and type it in, then click on "all posts") Hope you find some info. and welome.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#295472 - 01/07/07 06:32 AM
kimberlyj

Reged: 12/11/06
Loc: Tampa, Florida

I am fairly new to this board also but I thought that I read that upper GI symptoms are not IBS. I also have GERD but get heartburn when lying down. My mother also has GERD and gets constant belching and burping after meals. I am encouraging her to try this diet.

--------------------
IBS-C bloating and gas predominant.

#295473 - 01/07/07 06:44 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

When my daughter was about four years old, she had an attack of exactly what you describe - burps that smelt like rotten eggs. I was so concerned I consulted my GP immediately. He said that it was a specific chemical reaction causing the smell, to do with sulphur, and connected with something she had eaten. She had eaten some dried apricots, which had the preservative sulphur dioxide in them, so that was the explanation. Since then she has steered clear of dried apricots and never had a reoccurence of this problem. I would assume that certain foods that produce sulphur can have this effect - I think (but would need to check) that broccoli, sprouts, onions etc are in this category.

#295599 - 01/08/07 07:55 AM
JenniferC

I do have the other classic symptoms such as severe bloating, gas, cramping and diarrhea. I have never been formally tested, however I am going to my PCP to try to get a referral for the GI doctor. I have suffered for 19 years and I am only 38 years old, so half my life I has spent suffering. I vowed this year to put my health first! I have bought both Heather's books, and even though I am still having symptoms, just removing dairy from my diet has made me feel so much better. Thanks for all the support.

#295618 - 01/08/07 11:17 AM
JenniferC

Unfortunately, it does not matter what I eat, and my kids have the "bad burps". I am on Heather's IBS diet and only eating basically chicken and rice and still have the burps. Oh well, maybe some day I can figure it out!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review