All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Does anyone ever get light headed or dizzy?
      #294933 - 12/30/06 06:24 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

My stomach has been pretty much ok since I've started this diet, but I'v been getting bouts of light headedness and dizziness lately? The bouts never last more than two or three minutes but they make me nervous. I was just wondering if anyone else has experianced this?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does anyone ever get light headed or dizzy? new
      #294935 - 12/30/06 07:14 PM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

I get lightheaded and dizzy ALLLL the time. I thought maybe it was because I may be allergic to something else, because it only happens at certain places, but if its a symptom of IBS then its probably just that. But yes, I am always feeling lightheaded and dizzy, and it has always made me nervous, even though it usually doesn't last more than a couple minutes.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#294936 - 12/30/06 07:28 PM
sarah123

Reged: 06/19/06
Loc: canada

hi I get dizzy and lightheaded all the time too I thought it was just me but it's good to hear that someone else is going through the same thing.This too has concerned me but I try not to think about it.I don't know what it is I also have really weird eye problems that the doctors can't figure out.I have to go to the neurologist on jan 18 to figure out what is going on.I have had the dizziness and the eye problems ever since I had my first ibs attack last year.

#294937 - 12/30/06 08:22 PM
kenjari

Reged: 10/18/06
Loc: Boston

I get lightheaded and dizzy sometimes, but for me, I don't think it's directly related to IBS. It's usually low blood sugar, or my tendency to breathe too shallowly when I'm concentrating very hard. Also, I recently lost too much weight, which caused some light-headedness. I can get dizzy from sinus pressure, too.

--------------------
-Carol
IBS-A

You could be dehydrated...are you drinking enough fluids?~nt~ new
      #294938 - 12/30/06 08:25 PM
stillnotpoochi

Reged: 08/23/06

Thanks for responding everyone. new
      #294944 - 12/30/06 10:25 PM
Casper

It's good to hear I'm not the only one. Misery loves company and I guess it's probably a result of the fact that I can't maintain a healthy weight. Every time I try to eat enough to gain weight I get C and get cramps. I'll try drinking more water too and I guess I'll mention it ot my Docotor the next time I go for a checkup.

#294957 - 12/31/06 08:53 AM
raksasi

Reged: 11/10/06
Loc: Concord, NH

When I started the EFI diet, I did. If I don't eat enough protein at breakfast and lunch, I feel goofy lightheaded -- not about to faint, but not right, either -- during the afternoon.

--------------------
IBS-C, D and nausea with acute attacks, stable on EFI for 3 years

Re: Thanks for responding everyone. new
      #294969 - 12/31/06 11:20 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Hi Casper,

I have always been underweight and also often experience dizziness and lightheadedness. I was very ill after my second child was born, with dizziness and nausea being a major symptom. I had lots of tests and the doctors told me that the dizziness was due to very low blood pressure. I also had a hormone imbalance.
Now I am peri-menopausal, the dizziness is bad again, so I think that hormones play a large part in it, for me, anyway.
Perhaps you could get your blood pressure checked out? My doctors told me that low blood pressure in itself is harmless (and actually healthier) but to be careful about falling or fainting! HTH.

Re: yeah . That's exactly what I mean. nt new
      #294980 - 12/31/06 04:50 PM
Casper

#295034 - 01/02/07 08:40 AM
ms.mindful

Reged: 10/17/06

Hi Casper,

Wow, as you can see from everyone posts you are not alone. Dizziness can be a symptom of so many things though. I would definitely make an appointment with your doc to get checked out.

About a year ago I posed the same question to my doctor. My dizziness would come on very suddenly and last for about 10 or 15 seconds. It was very scary expecially if I was driving. I thought it might have been hormonal but after a basic exam from my doctor which included blood work, blood pressure, and glucose testing, all of which was fine, it turned out that I wasn't drinking enough fluids.

I was fortunate that was all but I can't emphasize enough how important it is for you to see your doctor to rule out something more serious. I will keep good thoughts that you receive a clean bill of health!

Remember make the call to your doctor today...you'll feel much more relaxed knowing what is or isn't going on.

~Alicia

Re: Thanks. I'll give him a call this week. nt new
      #295184 - 01/03/07 05:05 PM
Casper

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5647 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review