All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I AM SOOO HUNGRY
      #294589 - 12/26/06 02:43 PM
Tawana

Reged: 12/26/06

I have looked over the things I can't eat, and they are the things I eat everyday, and it's scary. I am 29 years old, with 3 small children and I only weigh 125lbs. I am already insecure about my weight, and I think eating on the IBS diet will make me lose weight, and that is something that scares me. I want to feel better, but I also want to eat the things I love. I am sitting here right now hungry and scared to eat because of pain. I just am frustrated and feel like this is taking over my life, and I don't feel normal anymore, and wish this would just go away!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I AM SOOO HUNGRY new
      #294602 - 12/26/06 05:47 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You don't normally eat chicken, fish, potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and breads?
This diet really is not limiting. You need to eat SF foods before IF foods, and make sure the IF foods are well cooked or purred. If you are able to introduce red meat to your diet, it must be very lean cuts, small portions, and only eaten once in a while.

IBS Diet Cheat Sheet new
      #294603 - 12/26/06 05:54 PM
Gracie

Here's a link to the IBS Cheat Sheet

#294606 - 12/26/06 07:05 PM
Tawana

I eat chicken pretty much everyday, trying to avoid beef and pork, but I think mainly my problem is I overeat and eat all day. I have to admit I don't eat fruits, because I only like apples and bananas and that's it, so I just tend to not eat them at all. I just need to watch what I eat from now on, and that's what's so hard, because I am used to eating anything and everything I want.

#294607 - 12/26/06 07:09 PM
Gracie

Do you eat or drink dairy products? That's a big IBS trigger, and so is coffee.

#294609 - 12/26/06 07:21 PM
Tawana

Yes, I eat cheese at least 3 or 4 times a day. I love it. As far as milk, I dring lactose free milk, but I read that it didn't make a difference, because it would still make me sick.

For Tawana new
      #294611 - 12/26/06 07:29 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

As Gracie suggested, read over the guidelines and as much information as you can on this site (not the message boards...go to the main page and read all Heather's suggestions). You especially need to read about soluble and insoluble fiber, plus triggers for IBS. In the meantime, I would cut out the cheese and the milk and see if you feel any better for even a day. As you learn more about the diet, you can start a plan for how you might try eating to eliminate that pain. And yes, smaller meals definitely helps. I used to eat LARGE meals, and I am a small person so that was definitely my body saying, "hey...tooo much for me!" Everything might seem radical at first, but if once you learn about the diet and start to feel better, you'll realize that it is worth beating the pain. Good luck

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#294612 - 12/26/06 07:29 PM
Gracie

I know how you feel, I love cheese and milk too but that is something that has to go from your diet. You might see a lot of improvement of pain and gas from eliminating dairy.

#294614 - 12/26/06 07:40 PM
Tawana

Well, I read what is recommended, and I don't care for any of them, so how do I live a healthy lifestyle without dairy in my life for strong bones. I do take one a day for women, so I guess that will help a little.

Re: For Tawana new
      #294615 - 12/26/06 07:47 PM
Tawana

Thank you so much Gracie and line415 for all of your help, and I hope I didn't ask too many crazy questions, but I am just new with this, and finally seeing that it is a part of my life, and comes and goes. Also, I too am in shock, because I am used to shoving anything into my mouth, and now I have to watch that. Thanks sooo much, and I will read more of the guidelines than I have.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6478

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review