All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Report on diet
      #294404 - 12/22/06 02:18 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

As you may have read, I am doing a cleansing diet. I removed sugar, carageenan and soy products and wheat and yeast from my diet. I am eating oatmeal with stevia, fruits and veggies, some nuts, rice and lean protein. I am also avoiding the MSG components or whatever -like autolyzed yeast extract or hydrolized soy protein in soy sauce.

So I started Monday and am doing very well! I haven't cheated although I made some dinner sauce with honey but that is about it (honey and pure maple syrup I might allow). I have made a lot of headway on my sugar addiction. I can feel a difference in my cravings already. Also I haven't been bloated much at all. Today I forgot to bring my snacks and water when I ran errands and so by the time I got home at 11:30 I was in pain. I had some fruit and the pain went away in 15 minutes. I am not bloated right now. So this is going better than expected. I am probably cheating tomorrow and using panko crumbs in my crabcakes but hopefully that will be it. I was going to make chili and cornbread but forgot the cornbread needs soy milk.

So although it has been only 5 days I feel really optimistic about this plan. My husband says he will eat whatever I need to eat - what a sweetie. I am making quinoa for the first time tonight.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Report on diet new
      #294407 - 12/22/06 03:15 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I missed your first post, but now I'm very interested to see how you continue to do on it. I'm doing something similar after the holidays - Dad's illness, which may have had something to do with his eating habits all his life, has me really paranoid about processed food and sugars.

Is there anything to make the sugar cravings more bearable as you're quitting? Or is it best to just go cold turkey? I'm such a horrible sweets addict... I think I'd lose a lot of weight if I could resist sugary crap for more than a day or two.

Re: Report on diet new
      #294409 - 12/22/06 03:20 PM
Life.Is.Random

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: NJ

I'm on this type of diet, too, except I don't eat bread anymore. I think this has made a difference in my health. I hope this continues to work for you!
(Also, I have few sugar cravings now!)

--------------------
Tierney
IBS-C
www.StandardProcess.com[/url] = the home of REAL supplements

sugar new
      #294480 - 12/23/06 01:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

My plan with sugar has been to use stevia, don't have sugary things anywhere near me (tough when DH wanted chocolate bars and they are sitting around. I told him to hide them and never give in to my demands but he totally failed that request) and to eat other yummy things to replace sugar. I have a lot of fruit, I have been drinking tea with stevia in berry flavors and the like and I have been eating pistachios. About 9 pm I get sugar/carb cravings and it has been tough, but I already feel it ebbing. Other than that I am just being very controlled and I really have the desire to stick to my plan. I also find that raisins help too. They are ok because remember the fructose is offset by fiber. I am not drinking juices though since there is no fiber to offset the natural sugars.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6431 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 491

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review