All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Excellent new
      #293566 - 12/13/06 08:11 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I didn't really notice until I went to 1 bottle per day (unfortunately for price). I would say work up to 1 bottle, and give it at least a couple weeks. If you aren't noticing a difference by then, then maybe probiotics aren't going to be helpful.

I actually tried to make a deal with my HFS last time I went LOL. I said I'd be buying two cases per month, and can I get a discount? She sorta laughed but then realised I was serious and went to get the manager. The manager had left so next time I'll try again. I wish I could find a HFS with a sort of 'member' deal where you can build up points to use towards products. Ah well..

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yay! new
      #293567 - 12/13/06 08:13 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I have no idea what will happen if I stop taking them. I'm definetly sticking with it through the holidays, and maybe after that I'll try 1/2 bottles. I want to see how going a week without any would affect me, to make travelling and stuff easier (I don't want to have to bring bottles with me). But, I'll wait until after the holidays to find out.

I think the BIO-K is a Canadian company, so I guess that makes sense for it to be cheaper here. Is there any equivalent in the US?

--------------------
Kat

Glad to hear that it's working for you and you're feeling so good! n/t new
      #293569 - 12/13/06 08:19 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: BIO-K+ update new
      #293574 - 12/13/06 09:06 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Awesome news....

#293657 - 12/14/06 09:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Nope, I've never found an equivalent. No biggie, at least I CAN buy it here!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#293704 - 12/14/06 03:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I think eventually symptoms will come back again if and when the healthy flora in your gut depletes.

#294468 - 12/23/06 10:29 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Do you know how many days you will take the full bottle before backing off to 1/2 again?

The website just says to take 1/2 to 1 bottle for 90 days or something like that. I've been on 1 bottle for a week now. Don't know how much longer I will stay at a full bottle. Cost wise, I'm hoping it will only be a few weeks....or 30 days MAX!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: BIO-K+ update /confused cheesecake and chocolate? new
      #294508 - 12/24/06 06:44 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Doesn't cheesecake have milk in it? Or do you eat a special kind of cheesecake? I was just wondering because I was cautioned about using lactaid and I read you are eating cheesecake. I'm just confused now, I thought dairy, whether stable or not was still a no no/trigger.....help me out please K2. If there is a dairy free cheesecake I would love the recipe, also doesn't chocolate have caffeine another trigger? I'm just trying to understand. Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Probiotics question new
      #294509 - 12/24/06 06:55 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

As everyone suggested I started taking probiotics a few weeks before my surgery, because of the huge doses of antibiotics given to me, and I'm continuing to take them because I have read of their benefits to the gi tract, I'm taking a natural brand that is acidophilus & bifidus together they have 500 million cells of lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, no artifical colors, flavors, preservatives, corn, soy yeast, wheat grain, gluten, or egg/dairy products in them. Is this a good amount and good flora? I'm still only take 1 daily, should I increase it now since it has been several weeks, how would I know if they cause a problem? I am not a person who can pass gas......(I think that is a lot of my IBS problem, not being able to expell gas naturally, and usually when I do it means I'm getting ready to blow, like ole faithful.....) so I don't know how I would know if they probiotics are causing a rucus in my tummy.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

#294525 - 12/24/06 01:03 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Probiotics usually take a good 2 - 3 months before seeing good results, so you may want to stay at the 1 bottle dose for the 90 days to see what happens. Since you've been on 1 bottle a day, how have you felt?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2445 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41794

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review