All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
BIO-K+ update
      #293474 - 12/13/06 11:30 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Just an update for those who were following my starting this probiotic.

It has been working for me, and I'm thrilled. I couldn't report a couple weeks ago, I was having too much stress and my stomach wouldn't calm down no matter what I did. Well after all the stress calmed down, I upped my dose to 1 bottle/day. Since then it has been great! I was having regular BMs since getting stable that were only interrupted with stress or attacks due to triggers. BUT, I have never had BMs like this! Sorry if TMI!

I think I'm having 'normal people' BMs. There's no cramping, no urgency and no pain. I simply feel like "oh I should go to the bathroom". I don't have to go right away, it doesn't build up into cramping and urgency. When I do go, it's much more substantial than before, and after I don't feel my stomach react at all. Sometimes before my stomach used to still be a bit crampy after a BM and would take a bit to settle down.

Also, I have finally been able to eat a small amount of chocolate or cheesecake after a dinner. I used to do this before without having attacks, but I'd always have mild discomfort and couldn't do it more than once or twice a week. The past 5 days, I've had chocolate or cheesecake (about 1 or 2 small mouthfulls) after dinner with no problems! It's great.
NOTE: I do not recommend this if you aren't stable.

So.. my plan is to keep taking the bio-k 1 bottle per day until after the holidays. Then I might try doing 1/2 bottle, or alternating between 1/2 and 1 bottle per day. It is expensive stuff but honestly I feel it is worth it for me. It's costing me just under 3$ per day to have 1 bottle.

Also note, I am still following the EFI diet as before. I have been able to increase my IF and fat a little bit, but not significantly. I still don't eat triggers at all (except now the mouthfull after dinner).

--------------------
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Something I don't get about probiotics new
      #293482 - 12/13/06 11:59 AM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I have tried different probiotics a few times. But I have only got worse and so I have stopped using it. Even if it might be a temporary thing when you start taking a probiotic I don't get why this happens.

This might be TMI but I have understood it as the more balanced your gut is in terms of bacteria the less smelly the gas will be, and that typically really bad smell means a bacterial imbalance. But I almost never have really bad smelling gas - yet whenever I have tried a probiotic (dairy free of course) the gas has become so disgustingly smelly it's smelled like our farmhouse back when we had cows!!! Why does this happen if I'm adding nice bacteria that everyone claims you can't really overdose?

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#293484 - 12/13/06 12:05 PM
K2

While I didn't have any problems with smelly-gas, I did have problems initially when I started. I started off taking a bit too high of a dose, and my stomach was rumbly and 'off' feeling. When starting a probiotic, it's really important to ease into it and increase your dose gradually, kind of like with Acacia. While adding good bacteria is a good thing, your stomach needs to adjust to it. With these Bio-K bottles, I took 1/4 bottle for 4 days then went to 1/2 bottle. The first 8 days or so were tough, simply because I had started with too much without realising it.

Some probiotic capsules say to take 3/day. I would start those by taking 1/day. A soy yogurt probiotic is easy to start with one teaspoon and work up by teaspoons. I'm not sure with powders, but if you can take a small dose of it then that is best.

How long did you give the probiotics a try? And what kind of dose were you taking?

--------------------
Kat

Excellent new
      #293486 - 12/13/06 12:08 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How long were you on 1/2 bottle and now on 1 full bottle? This is so good to hear!!1

So far, my update is that it's not doing anything...but I am under tons of stress right now too!

Thanks so much for the update, Kat!!! We'll "stay tuned" and hopefully this is a great discovery for you!!!

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Excellent new
      #293490 - 12/13/06 12:13 PM
K2

I'm just glad I found a probiotic that works. I've tried one other kind and was so disappointed when it did absolutely nothing. I have a number of reasons for thinking I may benefit from getting some extra good-bacteria. I've been on antibiotics a number of times (foot surgery, wisdom teeth, UTI, etc) and also I heard being on BC pills can affect it too. There's some debate about chlorine treated water (tap water) affecting good gut bacteria too.

I went up to the 1 bottle about 7 days ago. So I did the 1/2 bottle for about 2 weeks I think, until the stress was gone. I didn't feel comfortable upping my dose until my stomach calmed a bit.

--------------------
Kat

#293493 - 12/13/06 12:21 PM
Jordy

I hope it works for IBS-C too. I know it says it does!

Did you have problems before the antibiotics?

--------------------

#293495 - 12/13/06 12:25 PM
Ulrika

Reged: 08/20/06
Loc: Uppsala, Sweden

I think it was the shot type: maybe 50 ml or so. I think it's a Swedish brand. I had the whole shot. Maybe that was too much. It's so tiring this whole thing with IBS, you just want it to work and yet everything you try has to be by tiny amounts so everything takes forever to try.

My fiancé has had some problems with probiotics too. He doesn't have IBS as far as we know, but his bowels act up every now and then too. He got better from probiotics for a few days then worse again so he stopped drinking it then too.

/Ulrika, IBS-D

#293499 - 12/13/06 12:37 PM
K2

I think it should help for IBS-C, but really only if you need more good-bacteria. Only way to really know this is to try and see if it helps. I did find it helps get more out at once, which I would assume is great for IBS-C. Never thought I would be happy as IBS-D to have bigger BMs but they feel great!

As far as I know I had IBS since I was a kid. I have no idea if anything 'triggered' it to start since I can't really remember as a kid if I had a lot of antibiotics for things like ear infections. I didn't have any major surgeries that brought on symptoms either. All I know is that every time I've had to take antibiotics it's been awful. My stomach would cramp up all day and I'd be sick constantly. It would normally get better after being done with the antibiotics, but never 'completely' better. And every round of antibiotics ended up being worse than the last.

--------------------
Kat

Yay! new
      #293512 - 12/13/06 02:17 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's great, Kat! I'm so glad the Bio-K is working for you. I haven't started taking it again yet; I'm trying to get my acacia dosage up first. It's more like $4/bottle in the states, so a bit more pricey...

I'm a bit curious what will happen when you STOP taking it...?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#293536 - 12/13/06 04:50 PM
Jordy

I'm trying it. Maybe I just haven't gotten up to the right dose yet...or haven't been on it long enough. I did it real slow...the IBS suggested way. I'm just on 1/2 bottle for 3 days now.

I hope I get some positive results. It's a shame it's so expensive. As Lisa Marie said, it's more expensive in the US.

--------------------

#293566 - 12/13/06 08:11 PM
K2

I didn't really notice until I went to 1 bottle per day (unfortunately for price). I would say work up to 1 bottle, and give it at least a couple weeks. If you aren't noticing a difference by then, then maybe probiotics aren't going to be helpful.

I actually tried to make a deal with my HFS last time I went LOL. I said I'd be buying two cases per month, and can I get a discount? She sorta laughed but then realised I was serious and went to get the manager. The manager had left so next time I'll try again. I wish I could find a HFS with a sort of 'member' deal where you can build up points to use towards products. Ah well..

--------------------
Kat

Re: Yay! new
      #293567 - 12/13/06 08:13 PM
K2

I have no idea what will happen if I stop taking them. I'm definetly sticking with it through the holidays, and maybe after that I'll try 1/2 bottles. I want to see how going a week without any would affect me, to make travelling and stuff easier (I don't want to have to bring bottles with me). But, I'll wait until after the holidays to find out.

I think the BIO-K is a Canadian company, so I guess that makes sense for it to be cheaper here. Is there any equivalent in the US?

--------------------
Kat

Glad to hear that it's working for you and you're feeling so good! n/t new
      #293569 - 12/13/06 08:19 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Re: BIO-K+ update new
      #293574 - 12/13/06 09:06 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Awesome news....

#293657 - 12/14/06 09:41 AM
Lisa Marie

Nope, I've never found an equivalent. No biggie, at least I CAN buy it here!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#293704 - 12/14/06 03:24 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I think eventually symptoms will come back again if and when the healthy flora in your gut depletes.

#294468 - 12/23/06 10:29 AM
Jordy

Do you know how many days you will take the full bottle before backing off to 1/2 again?

The website just says to take 1/2 to 1 bottle for 90 days or something like that. I've been on 1 bottle for a week now. Don't know how much longer I will stay at a full bottle. Cost wise, I'm hoping it will only be a few weeks....or 30 days MAX!

--------------------

Re: BIO-K+ update /confused cheesecake and chocolate? new
      #294508 - 12/24/06 06:44 AM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Doesn't cheesecake have milk in it? Or do you eat a special kind of cheesecake? I was just wondering because I was cautioned about using lactaid and I read you are eating cheesecake. I'm just confused now, I thought dairy, whether stable or not was still a no no/trigger.....help me out please K2. If there is a dairy free cheesecake I would love the recipe, also doesn't chocolate have caffeine another trigger? I'm just trying to understand. Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Probiotics question new
      #294509 - 12/24/06 06:55 AM
LtDanFan

As everyone suggested I started taking probiotics a few weeks before my surgery, because of the huge doses of antibiotics given to me, and I'm continuing to take them because I have read of their benefits to the gi tract, I'm taking a natural brand that is acidophilus & bifidus together they have 500 million cells of lactobacillus acidophilus, bifidobacterium lactis, no artifical colors, flavors, preservatives, corn, soy yeast, wheat grain, gluten, or egg/dairy products in them. Is this a good amount and good flora? I'm still only take 1 daily, should I increase it now since it has been several weeks, how would I know if they cause a problem? I am not a person who can pass gas......(I think that is a lot of my IBS problem, not being able to expell gas naturally, and usually when I do it means I'm getting ready to blow, like ole faithful.....) so I don't know how I would know if they probiotics are causing a rucus in my tummy.

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#294525 - 12/24/06 01:03 PM
Gracie

Probiotics usually take a good 2 - 3 months before seeing good results, so you may want to stay at the 1 bottle dose for the 90 days to see what happens. Since you've been on 1 bottle a day, how have you felt?

Re: Yay! to Gracie new
      #294528 - 12/24/06 01:14 PM
LtDanFan

Were you posting to my probiotic question. The probiotics are in pill form and I take one pill a day. So I should stay on 1 pill for a couple months? Thanks

--------------------

Re: Yay! to Gracie new
      #294535 - 12/24/06 04:45 PM
Gracie

I was replying to Jordy, but what brand of probiotics are you taking? Just about every person at heath food stores I've talked to about probiotics say you can't take too much of it, but you do have to increase your dose slowly.

Actually... new
      #294616 - 12/26/06 07:49 PM
Jordy

I've been on a full bottle for about 10 days...and while I thought it was helping in the beginning....now I think it might be causing me bloat, gas, and cramps. Maybe it's too much soy for me. I have 2 whole cases of this...so I hope I don't have to stop taking it now! I'm not sure what I will do.

--------------------

Re: Actually... new
      #294619 - 12/26/06 08:02 PM
Gracie

Maybe you can go back to the dose before you got very gassy like 1/4 bottle, or 1/2 bottle, or 3/4 bottle? Better to still get some probiotics than none.

#294773 - 12/28/06 09:59 AM
K2

Cheesecake and chocolate are definite triggers. I've been stable for a while now and still cannot handle much dairy at all. However lately after a very safe dinner I've been able to have a bite or two of cheesecake or chocolate. The total amount is probably 1-2tbsp.

If you are not stable then triggers are a no-no. Once you are stable you can play around with seeing how much you can tolerate, if any. Even though I am stable, if I'm having a day where my stomach feels a bit unsettled, I will make sure to not have any triggers.

There are some recipes for cheesecakes and chocolate cakes that are safe. I make these when I actually want to indulge in a full desert and not just one bite.

--------------------
Kat

#294774 - 12/28/06 10:01 AM
K2

I've taken a full bottle dose for 30 days now. I think I'll alternate between 1/2 and 1 bottle from now on, for money sake.

--------------------
Kat

Re: BIO-K+ update-K2 new
      #296665 - 01/15/07 12:31 PM
Jordy

How are you doing on only 1/2 bottle a day? Are you alternating 1 bottle then 1/2 bottle, then one bottle, etc?

I did the one bottle for 30 days and have gone to 1/2 bottle now....everyday. I think I am having worsening symptoms with the reduction...but I also stopped my Miralax and went to Zelnorm, so no way to know how much each is effecting me.

--------------------

Re: BIO-K+ update-K2 new
      #296686 - 01/15/07 02:14 PM
K2

I'm actually still doing mostly 1 bottle/day. I feel really good doing this and don't really want to drop down to 1/2 bottle. I will sometime and let you know, but it probably doesn't matter too much now. If you have tried the bio-k and then tried going down to 1/2 bottle then hopefully you can tell if it is helping you or not.

--------------------
Kat

I LOVE this stuff! new
      #296699 - 01/15/07 04:23 PM
Lisa Marie

I have had a fabulous week, thanks to Bio-K! I've been taking 1/2 bottle per day for the last 8 days and have felt great. Tomorrow I might increase to 1 bottle per day; we'll see. I'm trying to get my system all built up before going on vacation in a month. I just can't get over how much better I feel when I'm taking this stuff! I wish I could afford to take it every day forever!!

Kat, are you still doing really well with it? Jordy, how long had you been taking it before you decreased?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: I LOVE this stuff! new
      #296702 - 01/15/07 04:38 PM
K2

Yep I'm still doing great. I'm trying to gain weight, so the better my IBS the more I can eat, so I'm sticking to 1 bottle/day for a while longer.

I'm also going on vacation in Feb. to Dominican Republic, so I wouldn't mind taking it for that too. I heard taking probiotics can help protect against getting food poisoning or other bacterial stomach bugs (traveller's diarrhea).

I too love this stuff! So far I can handle the expense..

--------------------
Kat

#296706 - 01/15/07 04:40 PM
Lisa Marie

Dominican Republic! How cool! I'm going on a cruise - my first vacation since starting the EFI diet so I'm QUITE nervous. I just wish I could take the Bio-K with me!

Glad to hear you're still doing well!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#296707 - 01/15/07 04:43 PM
K2

Can you not take it with you? That's what I plan to do. We're paying a little extra for a room with a mini-fridge and microwave (not sure if that's available on a cruise). So I'm bringing applesauce and BIO-K, and maybe some oatmeal packs. There'll be plenty of food there, but it's nice to have a safe backup in my room for inbetween meals or early morning/late night.

I think cruises are good for food in terms of getting specialized things. My friend who is diabetic went on one and said the cooks were fabulous, and food was available pretty much all the time.

--------------------
Kat

#296740 - 01/15/07 07:15 PM
Gracie

how will you store the bio-k while in transit to your destination?

#296745 - 01/15/07 08:48 PM
K2

I'm putting it in my checked luggage in a little cooler bag with an ice pack. I already tried putting a couple in a bag with an ice pack, checking on them during the day and it seemed like they stayed at a reasonably cool temperature.

I haven't looked into airline regulations about this stuff but I assume it's safe in my luggage?

--------------------
Kat

#296760 - 01/16/07 06:05 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

I have been eating occasional dairy and not had any problems in a month. I dont have any explanation to it. I do have a delicious non dairy cheesecake recipe but its all Tofutti cream cheese and Toffutti sour cream. There is a nice fat content in it. Let me know if you are interested in this recipe. It will never be as good as the real thing though.

#296786 - 01/16/07 09:41 AM
Lisa Marie

We'll have a fridge and coffee pot in our stateroom (no microwave), but I have no way of keeping it cold while traveling! Plus, each bottle is 3.5 ounces, which is above the 3 oz per container limit for carry-on items. I'm planning to take a big loaf of Cinnamon Zucchini bread to eat first thing in the morning (before my workout), then have fruit and toast for breakfast instead of my usual smoothie. I was REALLY debating taking my blender with me... Then I'll probably take some pretzels, graham crackers, dry cereal, and LOTS of tea bags. I told the cruise line that I have a "dairy allergy", so hopefully that will help! And I've heard they're very good about making things low-fat when asked, since so many people watch their weight these days.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#296788 - 01/16/07 09:42 AM
Lisa Marie

hmmmm.... perhaps i will consider that!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: BIO-K+ large quantities? new
      #296790 - 01/16/07 09:50 AM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Is BioK meant to used every day in such a large quantity? Just wondering?
Debbie
IBS-C

#296800 - 01/16/07 09:59 AM
K2

I'm not sure what you mean by large quantity. The recommended dose is 1/2 or 1 bottle per day. I've been doing 1 bottle per day and it's working great. (Just to clarify, one bottle is a small individual-size bottle of soy yogurt with probiotic)

--------------------
Kat

#296818 - 01/16/07 10:44 AM
feelinggood

Oh, thank you , now I know what you mean. There is a small bottle that I saw. So you do not find that the soy bothers you with gas in it? What about the taste - is it overly sweet? I am trying to eat low fructose. I am wanting to try it to see if it helps with getting complete evacuation. Thanks, Debbie IBS-C

#296836 - 01/16/07 12:11 PM
Lisa Marie

yes, it's pretty sweet. and no, the soy doesn't bother me even though soy usually does give me gas (unless I use Beano). I mix it into my breakfast smoothie because I don't like the taste of the Bio-K by itself.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#296842 - 01/16/07 12:38 PM
feelinggood

So you attribute complete BM's to the BIO K. I think it make sense -the good bacteria.

#296870 - 01/16/07 03:34 PM
Gracie

Good thinking!

#296872 - 01/16/07 03:37 PM
Gracie

I actually find it a little sour. I've tried the Bio-K and it keeps giving me gas. I might try the one made with dairy to see if it gives me less gas.

#296915 - 01/16/07 09:05 PM
K2

Just to let you know when I first started BIO-K I had a few problems. Mostly just a rumbling strange feeling in my stomach. It went away after about 8 days, definetly by day 12 it was gone. I think I started at too high of a dose (started at 1/4 bottle, went up to 1/2 too fast). They suggest for IBS to start with 1 tsp and work up by 1tsp at a time.

Just a thought if it was giving you gas when you first started out, it may just be your system getting adjusted to the new probiotic. I wouldn't suggest taking the dairy one.

And yeah it's sour, but I take it after my oatmeal and have gotten used to it.

--------------------
Kat

I've been taking it since mid November maybe? new
      #296964 - 01/17/07 09:51 AM
Jordy

I started out with small doses. Finally went to a full bottle for 30 days, then 1/2 bottle. I don't think the 1/2 bottle does anything for me. I am so surprised you have such a difference with only 1/2 bottle. That is great!

I don't think I will be taking this anymore once my supply is used up. I didn't see that much improvement and it is majorly expensive at 4 bucks a bottle!

It's hard to tell though, because I've also stopped the Miralax and switched to Zelnorm this past week in hopes of reducing some of this bloating. So, don't know if the inceased C is do to not taking a full bottle, or to med change, or just because my body doesn't feel like working at all right now! I increased my NC to 2tsp, take 1 T flax in cereal, and take one dose Fibersmart...and still I'm C with the Zelnorm too.

--------------------

Posted in wrong place Lisa Marie new
      #296975 - 01/17/07 10:10 AM
Jordy

Are you taking an entire bottle of Bio-K? In what way is it helping?

what dose Acacia are you up to now?

--------------------

#297055 - 01/17/07 05:47 PM
Gracie

I actually like the taste of it too. I started out a 1 tsp. a day for 4 days then increased it as they suggested it. Maybe I need more than 4 days to adjust to the soy. I'll try again.

Re: I've been taking it since mid November maybe? new
      #297056 - 01/17/07 05:50 PM
Gracie

Bio-K suggests 90 days at full dose (so do most other probiotics), then they say to reduce. maybe you need more time on it for it to work properly.

Gracie new
      #297103 - 01/18/07 07:13 AM
Jordy

Why did you switch from Primal Defense to Bio-K?

If you try the dairy one, let us know how it goes! I wonder if the soy one is giving me worse gas now too!

--------------------

#297106 - 01/18/07 07:19 AM
Jordy

I just don't think I can afford this one. The website for Bio-K says for IBS to take a full bottle for 30 days...then 1/2 to 1 bottle afterwards. I guess I was hoping I could get by with 1/2 bottle. Not that the full bottle helped either, though. Maybe I should try Primal Defense now.

--------------------

Re: Gracie new
      #297207 - 01/18/07 05:08 PM
Gracie

People on here had so many good things to say about Bio-K so I decided to try it. I always like to try new things. There's nothing wrong with the Primal Defense, and I will probably go back to it again.

#297208 - 01/18/07 05:10 PM
Gracie

It wouldn't hurt to try. The primal defense has been the best probiotic for me so far, but I wanted to try out the Bio-K.

Re: Posted in wrong place Lisa Marie new
      #297607 - 01/22/07 08:03 AM
Lisa Marie

Sorry I've been away for awhile...

I'm taking a full bottle of Bio-K every morning, and I've been pretty much symptom-free since I started a few weeks ago. (Yes, I increased my Bio-K dosage WAY faster than Kat did; my body didn't seem to object!) It's like magic! After I get back from vacation, I'll need to find a less expensive replacement for it. Usually my worst symptoms occur in the evening. I'll get gassy and a little bloated. But that hasn't happened in several weeks!

I also noticed that the Bio-K allows me to increase my acacia dosage more quickly. I'm up to 1.5 teaspoons 3x daily. Still not a lot, but I'm getting there!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#297658 - 01/22/07 02:11 PM
Jordy

It's too bad it's so expensive. My IBS wasn't helped enough for it to pay this much I don't think. Not that I could afford it even if it did!

Do you have any idea what you are going to replace it with, Lisa? How long are you going to take Bio-K for?

--------------------

#297663 - 01/22/07 03:17 PM
Lisa Marie

All I'm concerned about right now is getting through my vacation without IBS ruining it! And right now, this seems to be the best way to make that happen. I leave three weeks from yesterday, so I guess I've got another month of Bio-K. No idea what I'll replace it with. I have some stuff in pill form in my fridge, maybe I'll just double up on that and see if it helps. If not, I'll just go to Wild Oats or Whole Foods and see what they suggest.

I know it's a lot of money, but DH knows how hard I'm trying to not get sick on our trip, so he's supportive.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

#297671 - 01/22/07 03:46 PM
Gracie

I checked again and the website says for IBS take it for 90 days at full dose.

Where are you going?... new
      #297735 - 01/23/07 12:13 PM
Jordy

...and for how long!

--------------------

Re: Where are you going?... new
      #298038 - 01/25/07 10:56 AM
Lisa Marie

We're going on a 7-night eastern Caribbean cruise on Norwegian!! I'm so excited, but it's also my first trip since starting the EFI diet, so I'm nervous, too. I told the cruise line I have a "dairy allergy"; figured that was the easiest thing to do. Today I'm going to call the ship's coordinator and make sure it's okay to bring various food items onto the ship. It shouldn't be a problem, the cruise line people have been great so far!

Two weeks from Sunday!! Yay! We've had six weekends in a row of snow out here in Denver, so I'm SICK of winter!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Re: Where are you going?... new
      #298065 - 01/25/07 01:38 PM
Jordy

Sounds wonderful! I could use a break from the winter weather too!

Good luck on the cruise. Remember, you are in control of what goes into your body...but you sound like you are going to be great!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 245 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41560

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review