All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Yay! to Gracie new
      #294528 - 12/24/06 01:14 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Were you posting to my probiotic question. The probiotics are in pill form and I take one pill a day. So I should stay on 1 pill for a couple months? Thanks

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yay! to Gracie new
      #294535 - 12/24/06 04:45 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I was replying to Jordy, but what brand of probiotics are you taking? Just about every person at heath food stores I've talked to about probiotics say you can't take too much of it, but you do have to increase your dose slowly.

Actually... new
      #294616 - 12/26/06 07:49 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I've been on a full bottle for about 10 days...and while I thought it was helping in the beginning....now I think it might be causing me bloat, gas, and cramps. Maybe it's too much soy for me. I have 2 whole cases of this...so I hope I don't have to stop taking it now! I'm not sure what I will do.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Actually... new
      #294619 - 12/26/06 08:02 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Maybe you can go back to the dose before you got very gassy like 1/4 bottle, or 1/2 bottle, or 3/4 bottle? Better to still get some probiotics than none.

Re: BIO-K+ update /confused cheesecake and chocolate? new
      #294773 - 12/28/06 09:59 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Cheesecake and chocolate are definite triggers. I've been stable for a while now and still cannot handle much dairy at all. However lately after a very safe dinner I've been able to have a bite or two of cheesecake or chocolate. The total amount is probably 1-2tbsp.

If you are not stable then triggers are a no-no. Once you are stable you can play around with seeing how much you can tolerate, if any. Even though I am stable, if I'm having a day where my stomach feels a bit unsettled, I will make sure to not have any triggers.

There are some recipes for cheesecakes and chocolate cakes that are safe. I make these when I actually want to indulge in a full desert and not just one bite.

--------------------
Kat

Re: Yay! new
      #294774 - 12/28/06 10:01 AM
K2

I've taken a full bottle dose for 30 days now. I think I'll alternate between 1/2 and 1 bottle from now on, for money sake.

--------------------
Kat

Re: BIO-K+ update-K2 new
      #296665 - 01/15/07 12:31 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

How are you doing on only 1/2 bottle a day? Are you alternating 1 bottle then 1/2 bottle, then one bottle, etc?

I did the one bottle for 30 days and have gone to 1/2 bottle now....everyday. I think I am having worsening symptoms with the reduction...but I also stopped my Miralax and went to Zelnorm, so no way to know how much each is effecting me.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: BIO-K+ update-K2 new
      #296686 - 01/15/07 02:14 PM
K2

I'm actually still doing mostly 1 bottle/day. I feel really good doing this and don't really want to drop down to 1/2 bottle. I will sometime and let you know, but it probably doesn't matter too much now. If you have tried the bio-k and then tried going down to 1/2 bottle then hopefully you can tell if it is helping you or not.

--------------------
Kat

I LOVE this stuff! new
      #296699 - 01/15/07 04:23 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I have had a fabulous week, thanks to Bio-K! I've been taking 1/2 bottle per day for the last 8 days and have felt great. Tomorrow I might increase to 1 bottle per day; we'll see. I'm trying to get my system all built up before going on vacation in a month. I just can't get over how much better I feel when I'm taking this stuff! I wish I could afford to take it every day forever!!

Kat, are you still doing really well with it? Jordy, how long had you been taking it before you decreased?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Re: I LOVE this stuff! new
      #296702 - 01/15/07 04:38 PM
K2

Yep I'm still doing great. I'm trying to gain weight, so the better my IBS the more I can eat, so I'm sticking to 1 bottle/day for a while longer.

I'm also going on vacation in Feb. to Dominican Republic, so I wouldn't mind taking it for that too. I heard taking probiotics can help protect against getting food poisoning or other bacterial stomach bugs (traveller's diarrhea).

I too love this stuff! So far I can handle the expense..

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 943 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 41793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review