All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
HELP!!!! is there something else like natural calm with out the Citrate? GERD
      #293217 - 12/11/06 05:01 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

is there something else like natural calm with out the Citrate? because I think Citrate is making my GERD act up my reflux is tasting like natural calm. it's really helping me and i would like to know if there is something else that would work as well...thank you

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Edited by sunspots (12/12/06 05:32 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

HELP!!!! is there something else like natural calm with out the Citrate? GERD new
      #293358 - 12/12/06 05:32 PM
sun

bump..i've been reading about diff forms of Magnesium is there one that works as well as natural calm? the natural calm has been working great for me, this darn GERD! i have found :
- soluble forms/organic (aspartate, malate, glycinate, citrate and succinate etc.)
- insoluble forms/inorganic salts (chloride, carbonate, oxide).
which one would be good as far as my gerd? and to help me with my C

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Re: HELP!!!! is there something else like natural calm with out the Citrate? GERD new
      #293452 - 12/13/06 09:52 AM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i take an aspartate for help with energy and it gives me no ill effects, i am not sure if it has made me more regular though, but i found the same thing with the natural calm it gave me burning in my tummy and reactivated my GERD.

Re: HELP!!!! is there something else like natural calm with out the Citrate? GERD new
      #293469 - 12/13/06 11:04 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Have you thought about trying one of the other formulations of Natural Calm? Perhaps the ones intended for children or expectant mothers would be more "gentle"? Just a thought.

I love the stuff, too!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Something in powder or liquid form... new
      #293488 - 12/13/06 12:11 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

...would probably help more than tablets. It is so much more absorbable in powder or liquid form.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Do you still need .... new
      #293489 - 12/13/06 12:12 PM
Jordy

2 tsp every night?

--------------------

would this work?... new
      #293504 - 12/13/06 01:43 PM
sun

would somthing like this be as good as natural calm?
http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Magnesium-Ultra/cas-1
thanks for helping me
i take 2.5 teaspoons of NC and it works well...i wished my gerd was gone...i take prevacid too.

--------------------

Re: Do you still need .... new
      #293511 - 12/13/06 02:11 PM
Lisa Marie

at least. It's really more like two HEAPING teaspoons.

I'm trying desperately to increase my acacia. Eating vegetables just seems to give me gas! Yesterday I essentially did the BTC diet (just for a day) and I had no symptoms! So that tells me I'm still not taking enough acacia. But I'm having to go much slower with increasing the acacia because THAT gives me gas! Will it ever end??

How are you doing?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

How much Acacia are you up to now? new
      #293535 - 12/13/06 04:46 PM
Jordy

Are you stuck at 3 tsp?

I'm doing the same. Still trying to figure out what helps and what hurts. thanks for asking!

I'm stuck at 6 grams fiber from Benefiber. Can never seem to get higher than this amount on any SFS so far.

What do you eat if you are a vegetarian and you get gas from veggies? You probably can't eat soy, then, either since it is so gassy.

--------------------

Re: would this work?... new
      #293537 - 12/13/06 04:52 PM
Jordy

I would try to get a powder or liquid form. I take the tablets too...but need the powder to really make any difference, it seems.

But everyone is different, so it couldn't hurt to try it if it wasn't too expensive. Let us know if you try it and if it helps.

I would go to a HFS and ask if they carry any form of powdered or liquid magnesium that isn't citrate. If I see any, I'll let you know!

--------------------

Re: How much Acacia are you up to now? new
      #293659 - 12/14/06 09:46 AM
Lisa Marie

I'm slowly working my way past the 3 teaspoon mark. I'm almost up to 3 1/4 teaspoon. I just have to go very slowly, 1/8 teaspoon at a time! Each increase causes a little bit of abdominal gurgling, but it eventually goes away, and then i increase again. what do i eat? i still eat a little soy. i eat soups, pasta, veggie curries, tuna salad (Heather's lemon Italian tuna sandwich recipe is quick and yummy!), etc. I just try to eat a big SF base like rice, bread, pasta, etc. Beano helps if I take 4 of them. And I'm finding that taking my acacia dose BEFORE my meal rather than after helps a lot! So, I eat veggies, just in small doses.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3022 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review