All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
vacation
      #293206 - 12/11/06 03:45 PM
kimberlyj

Reged: 12/11/06
Loc: Tampa, Florida

help! i am going on vacation for a week at xmas. i will be staying with my sister in law, who is not very understanding about the fact that i need to eat much less what i am restricted to. i have had bad episodeds for two months and cant seem to stabilize. i figure i will need to shop for food for myself for the week. any suggestionsQ?

--------------------
IBS-C bloating and gas predominant.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Have you tried the "Breaking the Cycle" Diet? new
      #293229 - 12/11/06 05:53 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

You're SIL is just going to have to accept that you're health is more important than her opinion of your diet. Are you an A, C, or a D?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: vacation new
      #293234 - 12/11/06 06:35 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Must you go? Can your SIL go to your house?

Re: vacation new
      #293331 - 12/12/06 03:42 PM
kimberlyj

my SIL lives in North Carolina and we would go stay with her for a week. i could always just stay home, but my husband is also less than understanding and would be mad.

--------------------

Re: Have you tried the "Breaking the Cycle" Diet? new
      #293332 - 12/12/06 03:47 PM
kimberlyj

i have been trying the break the cycle diet seriously since beginning of oct. i am a c and i get pain relief from Bentyla prescribed my dr. two weeks ago. does anyone else only get episodes in the evening? i seem to be fine most of the day but usually start bloating about 5 or 6 in the evening then have bloating, some pain(mostly handled by Bentyl which I take about 6 or 7) and horrendous flatulence where i hide in my bedroom for. this is why i dread vacation. people and late nights. help!!

--------------------

#293421 - 12/13/06 07:28 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

That's been my exact problem lately!! Haven't gotten it totally cured yet, but working on it. Try eating a small dinner, are you eating lots of small meals throughout the day? Are you using acacia? What are you eating about 6-8 hours prior to when the gas starts?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#293618 - 12/14/06 07:16 AM
kimberlyj

thanks for the reply. i have been using benefiber powder, but cant seem to get past 1 tsp or 2 before i have a bad evening. i then just forget to take the benefiber. i am eating either leftover dinner(plain chicken,rice, potatoes or plain pasta) or lean deli turkey on white italian bread. i have a litte fat free mayo or mustard. could it be the mayo? should i eat it plain? i try to eat small meals all day. but dinner is hard. i am hungry by 5, but i also have gerd and i shouldnt eat after 6. i cant seem to eat enough to keep from getting hungry later. last night i tried eating starting from 4 on, had to go out from 6 until 9, was hungry when i came home. ate some baked lays and applesauce. had only brief gas an hour later then fine. when should i take benefiber?, how soon should i take more than 1 tsp twice a day?

--------------------

#293655 - 12/14/06 09:40 AM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I know everyone's different, but those commercial SFS (benefiber, citrucel, etc.) never worked for me. They gave me horrible gas and bloating. I would highly recommend you give Heather's acacia a try. I break mine into three doses per day, one before each meal. And I have noticed that it DOES make a difference whether I take it before the meal or after the meal! It sounds like you're doing everything else correctly! Are you sure the mayo is dairy-free?

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 953 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1487

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review