All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
it doesn't always have an explanation new
      #293113 - 12/10/06 05:30 PM
Miso

Reged: 04/20/06
Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

i learned awjhile ago to not blame everything on food, as it limits what you eat big time, just chalk it up to a flucke and try and move forward.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It may be a one time episode new
      #293151 - 12/11/06 06:35 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

I will have to try the BTC diet again but after Christmas. I have done it in the past doing the BRAT diet...you know bananas,rice,unsweetened applesauce and toast but I could not pinpoint the trigger. Thats the problem I am having. I am getting depressed as all our friends are getting together to going out to dinner and parties. I cant get involved or take a chance. I tell my husband to go without me but he wont. I would normally take a chance, but after a D accident last year while I was working makes me question my muscle control.

Re: It may be .... new
      #293165 - 12/11/06 08:25 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

the red pepper flakes. I know that does it to me.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

What do they do, Kiwi?-nt new
      #293181 - 12/11/06 10:16 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#293203 - 12/11/06 03:21 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Could have been the clams, too. IBS is such a pain. It's so hard to find answers and so scary to eat until you know what you're body can tolerate. I'm a vegetarian now, but I used to eat a lot of seafood and some shellfish just didn't sit right with me, though most of it was just fine. Have you tried keeping a food journal to keep track of what you eat and when you have attacks?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#293212 - 12/11/06 04:48 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It sounds like your meal was higher in fat than you could handle. I once had D the next day after a salmon meal that somehow, without trying, ending up containing more fat percentage than I could handle at the time. It is amazing how little fat 30% is. It is hard to get a handle on it at first and sometimes I still screw up. Like one time I had my usual peanut chicken noodles but then I had soy ice cream right after and it was too much fat and I got D. One other time I made dinner and put just a little oil in this and that but it was more than I was used to and it ended up by the end of the meal everything had oil and fat in it. It sort of took me by surprise- and I got D. So you will just have to start watching how much percentage of fat is in your meal and play it safe.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Salmon - anyone know if halibut is safe? new
      #293376 - 12/12/06 07:01 PM
alexisb

Reged: 12/10/06

I have a company dinner out at a restaurant next friday.. the menu options are new york steak, prime rib, teriyaki chicken, or halibut. when i go out to dinner i usually just go with salmon, but.. never had halibut..

Re: Salmon - anyone know if halibut is safe? new
      #293391 - 12/12/06 08:20 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

It's fine for me. How about buying some this weekend and try it out?

Halibut new
      #293403 - 12/13/06 05:11 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

The USDA lists Atlantic and Pacific halibut as having about 2% fat and Greenland halibut as having 14% fat. For me the former would be safe the later won't be safe.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 261 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2761

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review