All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
How did everyone spend their Thanksgiving (did your stomachs survive??)
      #29276 - 11/27/03 06:07 PM
Debby

Reged: 11/05/03
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

I don't know anyone else who comes home from a Thanksgiving dinner at someone's house and they are still hungry! Well that was me today but only because I was trying to snack a lot and not overeat. Plus I was walking around all day with my homemade bags of tea and I think that kept my stomach in good shape. So I guess that's what leftovers are for and I just had some more turkey and am feeling pretty happy I made it though another holiday with temptations and worries about stomach problems. Sometimes that part of the holiday becomes so stressful for me that I come to dread the entire season! So much food and traveling and parties and trying to figure out what you can and can't eat, then trying to figure out how fast can I get home if I have a major stomach attack. I get so anxious my husband has to remind me how to breathe so I can calm myself down. Oh well I guess I just feel like I needed to talk out loud. I'm sure anyone reading this can relate and I always enjoy hearing all of your stories and knowing that I am not alone. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and everyone has a full belly (but not too full because that would be bad! haha)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How did everyone spend their Thanksgiving (did your stomachs survive??) new
      #29277 - 11/27/03 07:20 PM
peaches

Reged: 09/28/03
Loc: Fort Wayne, Indiana

I'm glad you did well today! I did excellent, too. I had turkey and mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce and rolls and pumpkin pie! lol for some reaosn, butter doesn't give me much trouble. Maybe it's because I grew up in the south where we eat EVERYTHING with butter? Maybe my stomach is just used to it? I dunno, but I had a really good Thanksgiving, although I was worried for a while! I hope everyone has had a good one too!

--------------------
It comes down to the art of living on [color/red]

#29278 - 11/27/03 07:33 PM
tholley

Reged: 11/10/03

do you eat to live or live to eat. I think this phrase helps keep everything in perspective. Perhaps holidays and
traditions should focus more on other activities that do not include eating.

#29284 - 11/27/03 09:16 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

I HAD A TURKEY MASH POTATOES STUFFING AND PEPERMINT FUDGE.
I HAVENT GOT SICK YET. WE HAD A GREAT THANKSGIVING. JASPER

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#29286 - 11/28/03 03:49 AM
hslib

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: VA

I think that's probably the most food I've eaten in weeks, and it really wasn't a lot! Plain turkey, a few bites of scalloped potatoes (no mashed this year was served), plain stuffing, rolls, and no dessert. I drank a cup of peppermint tea before we left for our in-laws, but I also took some medicine. I'm a bit gassy this morning, but I took a big risk and drank a cup of coffee this morning. Hope everyone survived. The stress of what I can eat and how I am going to feel is as bad as what I do eat!

#29291 - 11/28/03 04:57 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I did pretty well. Luckily I went to my mom's who knows all about my special diet, so I didn't have to worry about offending anyone or what I was going to be able to eat. I took a small container of mashed sweet potatoes with me. I also made Heather's cornbread. My mom made roasted butternut squash. So, I had all that plus some turkey and cranberry sauce. I did miss the stuffing though. That's always my favorite part. But, oh well. It was worth the sacrifice. (I guess )

I took some of my tea with me and drank that after dinner with my pie. I made Heather's chocolate banana creme. And, it went the most over the pumpkin and apple pies that someone else brought - so there! LOL I didn't bother to tell them they were eating pie that was lowfat and used soy milk. LOL

Glad to hear so far everyone else had a great day too!

#29293 - 11/28/03 05:17 AM
kshsmom

Reged: 11/20/03

It was just us -- so I just had white meat - w/o the skin, bread w/o butter.. though I did splurge a little here. I made a cinnamon roll from scratch. So a put just a tiny bit of smart balance on it to make the cinnamon & sugar stick. I also had candied sweet potatoes a little bit of green bean casserole made w/soy milk (didn't tell hubby but subsituted soy in all the recipes yesterday). For dessert I made the double decker sweet potato pecan pie from Heather's book. It was yummy!!!! Such a sweet, rich treat - I couldn't finish.

#29329 - 11/28/03 02:37 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I'm so glad to hear that everyone did so well! I had an excellent Thanksgiving, too. I was able to eat turkey, squash and apple casserole, homemade rolls, and a baked potato that my aunt was nice enough to nuke in the microwave for me, since I couldn't have the mashed potatoes. Like Mags, I was also sad to miss out on the stuffing (my favorite!), but didn't think it was worth the risk.

For dessert, I made the 5 minute pumpkin pie, and it turned out great! It had tough competition, since my aunt also made her famous pumpkin pie, but everyone who had mine said they really liked it! And it certainly tasted fantastic to me!

I ate very lightly, and didn't have any problems, even though I was still getting over a little episode. That's certainly one of the things I was thankful for yesterday!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

question for everyone new
      #29346 - 11/28/03 09:40 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

DOES RICE MILK CAUSE LOOSE STOOLS AT ALL? DOES RED LICORICE WITH WHITE FLOUR CAUSE IBS TRIGURES? JASPER.

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#29347 - 11/28/03 09:42 PM
fishnets

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: MA

It was alright, I went to my Uncle's then to my grandfather's. I had mashed potatoes made with soy milk, seasoned mixed veggies, potato knishes, sweetened squash, then for dessert I had 1 and 3/4 cinnamin horns(like a croissant with sugar and cinnamin on it). My stomach hurt a little this afternoon after I got up, but not too bad.

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3711 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2206

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review