All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
newbie,,,,,
      #292560 - 12/05/06 11:23 AM
custard

Reged: 12/05/06
Loc: UK

hi everyone im kirsty from uk, i have been told i have ibs after years of very loose stools, i also have dairy and lactose intolerance, i am finding life very hard and i have just brought heathers book from ebay, the doctor adviced i have probiotics and i have emergency limotil ( imodium)
any further tips i should have,

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: newbie,,,,, new
      #292578 - 12/05/06 01:05 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Welcome to the Boards.

Which of Heather's books did you buy? Before it arrives you can look through the information on the Website (outside the Boards) to start getting an idea of how Heather's Eating For IBS approach works. Just click on "IBS Diet & Recipes" in the column to the left to get started. Or you can look at this post for links that will walk you through the basics.

I have IBS-D and Heather's approach has made a world of difference for me. I hope it does the same for you.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#292620 - 12/05/06 08:01 PM
Sufie

Reged: 10/14/06

Hi Sand,

How are you? Once again, I have to thank you for your post. When I read your post they are ALWAYS incredibly helpful. Just wanted to say hello and wish you well.

Sufie

#292621 - 12/05/06 08:04 PM
Sufie

You will LOVE Heather's products. She literally gave me my life back. Just so you know I am pretty new at this too (diagnosed October 26, 2006). Feel free to ask anything and I will try to help you as much as possible. Good luck to you on your journey towards better health.

Hi, Sufie. new
      #292667 - 12/06/06 07:47 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I'm well, thanks. Thanks as always for your kind words. It's nice to know I can help.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#292684 - 12/06/06 08:33 AM
Rio

Reged: 11/28/06

Hi Kirsty,

I'm quite new to the boards and also from the UK. I bought both Heather's books from Amazon and started the EFI diet in October. I also ordered Acacia from this website ( it was delivered really quickly, about a week!). The diet and Acacia are really helping me after years of pain etc. I amd not stable yet but I am so much better. i just wish that more people in the UK were aware of Heather's diet and Acacia.

I recommend that you read everything on this website as well as your books. It is so helpful and the boards also have loads of info, recipes etc.

Hope this helps.

#292816 - 12/07/06 10:45 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome...and your pic is up!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Sulfie new
      #292827 - 12/07/06 12:10 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Can I ask which products you are using? Are you C or D or A?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

A couple of thoughts... new
      #292873 - 12/07/06 04:16 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Have you had all the appropriate tests done to rule out all other conditions (that includes a colonoscopy)? Also, what seems like a dairy/lactose intolerance could just be your IBS reacting to those things. Dairy is a big IBS trigger. Imodium can be taken to prevent attacks. The most effective things that I have found to help my symptoms and get me stable are Heather's acacia fiber, hypnosis, and L-Glutamine. Healthy people generally don't need to take L-Glutamine supplements as your body produces it, but for myself, I have big problems if don't take it (mainly terrible pain from BMs and I become even more prone to D).

Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: Sulfie new
      #292915 - 12/08/06 06:49 AM
Sufie

Hey there Jordy, I am using almost all of her products--the cookbook, oil capsules (ginger, fennel, and peppermint), acacia fiber, teas, and I just purchased the hypno CD's (very relaxing). I also buy fennel and peppermint tea from Celestial Seasonings since it is cheaper. I have IBS D but also have persistant pain. It is not as bad as it was and I have more discomfort than pain. I have a long ways to go with the acacia fiber and still need to keep increasing my doses. I am only up to 3 teaspoons a day--I am taking it very slow and allowing my body to adjust.

Oh, I almost forgot--I also take multi enzymes and probiotics.

Hope this helps clarify things. Please let me know if you have further questions.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 543 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3519

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review