All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hull less popcorn in Canada
      #2924 - 03/16/03 06:36 AM
jst4kdz

Reged: 03/10/03
Loc: Burlington, Ontario Canada

Has anyone from around the Toronto area been able to find this special popcorn. I would really like to try it. It is a snack that my family loves and I am unable to eat it. Try and explain that to your 4 and 2 year old.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hull less popcorn in Canada new
      #2927 - 03/16/03 07:29 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I'm not from Canada, but did you check the www.amishmart.com website to see if they'd ship there? I know I got mine from www.americanspice.com & they ship to Canada, but it is a little more expensive from there. I did a search for hulless popcorn in Canada & I found a website for Super-Pufft that says they have a "healthy white hulless". Here's that website if you want to check it out: Super-Pufft Popcorn

Good Luck!
Mags

#2934 - 03/16/03 08:24 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mags - I checked out the websites, especially American Spice. The shipping would cost me more than their product (hulless popcorn). I think the popcorn 1 lb was $4.65 and the s/h was $4.95.

sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#2938 - 03/16/03 08:52 AM
*Melissa*

Sharon - Try www.amishmart.com - it's cheaper there! I just don't know if they ship to Canada.

Mags

Re: Hull less popcorn in Canada - still expensive for s/h new
      #2971 - 03/16/03 03:06 PM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Mags - A 2 lb bag of hulless popcorn was $4.99...a good price. Shipping was over $9.00. NOT A GOOD PRICE. I wonder why s/h is so much?? Guess I'll have to call them.
Sharon
PS - thx for the websites.

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#16213 - 08/04/03 12:58 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Mags:

How did this popcorn work for you? Popcorn is my all time favorite treat...... I concider it a food group Anyway.... after ready info from Heather..... I noticed it is a no no......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#16231 - 08/04/03 03:31 PM
*Melissa*

Hi! It works okay for me. I have just a little every once in a great while, only if I'm stable (which I pretty much am now all the time), and not on a completely empty stomach.

The hull is the part that causes all the trouble with digestion, because of its insoluble fiber. With hull-less popcorn, it's really not hull-less, because that's pretty much impossible, but the hull is so fine that it's not as "rough" (for lack of a better way to describe it. )

This was the kind I got: Lady Finger Hulless If you read the description, it says it's safe for people with braces & those with diverticulitis, so that's why I tried it.

Hope that made sense!

#16232 - 08/04/03 03:36 PM
tierny

Reged: 05/19/03
Loc: Iowa

Just noticed this post. I'm also missing popcorn very much! Very interested in this hull less kind and if it is indeed safe for IBS? Just a bit worried about it. Would sure like it to be safe for us, but just the word "popcorn" makes me "cramp"!

#16233 - 08/04/03 03:44 PM
*Melissa*

I think it's one of those things where either you do or don't, and there's only one way to find out if you can tolerate it - try it. If you decide to, definitely make sure you're stable, have had a safe soluble fiber first (like maybe an hour or two after a safe meal), and just don't go overboard.

Here is a past post on the topic from Heather - maybe this will help you. web page

Has anyone else tried the hulless popcorn yet? If so, how did you tolerate it?

Re: Hull less popcorn new
      #16380 - 08/05/03 03:56 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, I did some surfin on the web and found www.blackjewell.com they have it in microwavable bags When I was at the store at lunch yesturday I happen to see it... and grabbed a box... it was about $3.25 for 3 bags. My hubby and I shared it last night after I had my metimucil (sp?).. it was very good and I have not had any problems with it

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1037 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2653

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review