All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help Please: Has Anyone Used Magnesium Citrate before surgery
      #291312 - 11/26/06 03:54 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

I have a huge favor, I am scheduled for major surgery and was told to drink an entire bottle of magnesium citrate. I have had other surgeries and 3 colonoscopies and have always used Fleet Phosa-Soda as prep, so I am familiar how that works on me.......my huge favor is anyone who has used MC, could you please let me know any side effects you experienced, cramping, how long it took you to start pooping......etc ANYTHING will be appreciated!!!!!

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help Please: Has Anyone Used Magnesium Citrate before surgery new
      #291335 - 11/26/06 08:09 PM

Unregistered

hi, I have take MC several times when I got really constipated. Well, recently, I took it at 6pm then the next day its started working for me around 9 or 10am. It always turns things to liquid(not diarrhea) I also feel like it didn't clean me out. I felt like i still had quite a bit in me. Must have been because stuff was rock hard when I took it and that I was really constipated..I didn't have any side effects..Maybe you should ask about the lo-so prep. I had that before a barrium enema. That totally cleaned me out. It felt so good.

#292238 - 12/02/06 08:51 AM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I can't help with this since I've never used magnesium citrate but I wanted to wish you all the best with your surgery.

Take care.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

#292250 - 12/02/06 10:02 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

I don't remember a whole lot from it...except that this prep worked much better than the phospho soda prep I just did.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#292312 - 12/03/06 05:17 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

I've never had a whole bottle, but in general Mag Citrate is supposed to be gentler (so less cramping than with the yucky phosphosoda). I usually have 1/5 of a bottle just to make me go (not preparation for surgery, just as a general C-remedy)

--J

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1759

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review